cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

F1Aussie
Adept I

GPU driver error, code 31

Hi all, first post here, I recently built a new system on a strix X670e mobo, 7700X cpu and strix rtx 4090 OC gpu.

I have two monitors, one that I run off the 4090 and use to run my games on and the second screen that I run on the igpu to run telemetry and other small apps whilst gaming.

I have been having a problem where my pc locks up and crashes randomly when in game. When I reboot the pc the monitor that displays the apps with the igpu is blank and when I go into device manager it says the radeon driver has been disabled, when i re-enable it I get error code 31 straight away. 

In the end I have to uninstall the radeon driver and reboot my pc for it to automatically instal again.

I am only using some basic amd driver for the igpu and not adrenaline as it does not play well with nvidia drivers.

Any idea on what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Cheers

0 Likes
2 Replies
F1Aussie
Adept I

Still having this issue, doesn't matter what driver I use every week my pc crashes and it shows the amd igpu driver is disabled. Am at my wits end with what I can do to sort this out. 

0 Likes
Franinau
Adept I

Hi F1. I have the similar problem with the code 31, doesnt matter what driver you roll back to it still fails and  I get the vga dbug light.  To  clear the issue I removed my CMOS battery and reset it for about 5 secs. What game are you playing !! I have pin pointed  my issue as I  am playing Microsoft flight simulator and after I have installed a  specific add on it crashes again. The problem now is i have to do a clean install of win 11 and MSFS and everything works again until i reload the add on and im back to square one. Very frustrating as there isnt much info on it out in google land. There must be another way of sorting  it out rather than reinstalling  the  game  and win 11 but im unable to figure it  out yet. Assuming you might have sorted yours  out nw seing aas it was a while ago!

0 Likes