Window 10 Pro

Ryzen 7 1700

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mhz cl14 16GB

Gigabyte X370 Gaming K7

EVGA 750 G3 PSU

XFX Vega 64 reference air cooled

Dell S2719DGF monitor

Problem:

I've noticed recently through various monitoring tools like HWiNFO64 that the GPU Core voltage on my reference XFX Vega 64 is not changing the way it should during idle and load states while using my Dell S2719DGF monitor.

When using an HDMI 2.0 cable to connect the monitor to the GPU, the GPU core voltage gets stuck between 1050mv and 1100mv regardless if it is in idle or full load. When using a Displayport cable the core voltage gets stuck between 900mv and 1050mv regardless of load state.

Setting voltages manually through Wattman or using any of the Wattman presets does not have any effect on the voltage. Using registry edits or other tools like OverdriveNtool has no effect on voltage either.

I have gone through all of the drivers since 19.1.X until 19.4.1 (doing clean installs) and the same issue is present. I have also tried with Dell's monitor drivers installed also with only the Windows monitor driver installed with no change in behaviour.

Oddly when plugging in my old Samsung monitor the voltages operate correctly which leads me to believe that there is some kind of conflict with the way my S2719DGF is communicating with the AMD graphics drivers.

0 Likes
0 Replies