Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dantepl
Journeyman III

Gothic Playable Teaser - "Fatal Error"

Hello.
Today I wanted to play Gothic Playable Teaser, unfortunately after many attempts I can't run it and I get an error message.
I would like to ask for help in this matter, because I really care about running this game, and now I have no way to play it.

PS. Many people have a problem with this error on AMD graphics cards.

Please help

Regards Adam.

gothic.png

4 Replies
iloveheavymetal22
Journeyman III

same problem
0 Likes
shamanincap
Journeyman III

I got the same error on RX 580 with Adrenalin 19.12.2

Upd: Reinstalled Adrenalin 19.1.1. Tried to launch. Crashed whole system

Upd2: On second run it worked normal! Even got to play

Upd3: After playing a while, and thus, creating right config files, i switched back to Adrenalin 19.12.2. Tried both Gaming and Standard profiles of Adrenalin. No luck. Still "Fatal Error" of UE4 on 19.12.2

0 Likes
shamanincap
Journeyman III

Found fix on Steam forums

[I found a fix for it on 19.12.2 and can confirm this fix works with gothic and at least a few other unreal engine 4 games causing the same error.

1. Unpack older amd driver that was working, I chose 19.12.1 but any from 2019 "should" work.
2. Find the atidxx64.dll probably located => C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.12.1\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B349181
3. Copy n paste atidxx64.dll into the same folder as \THQBCNP1\GothicRemake\Binaries\Win64\gothicremake.exe
4. Play the game.

This should work on other unreal engine 4 games also crashing, drop it in game name\unreal\binaries\win64 (might be named unreal-win64-shipping.exe)]

0 Likes
midir
Journeyman III

Could you make the .dll available for others to download ?

Edit: I can confirm the steps work with the current 2020 version of adrenalin also !!!

Thanks for the fix !!!

Solved.

0 Likes