Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

katusch
Adept I

Got blackscreens every few min with Vega 56 and games lose fps

Hi,

I replaced my "Nvidia GTX 970" with a "Sapphire Radeon Vega 56 Pulse", but now I have 2 problems: 

I still use a TV (Sharp 40LE924E Aquos) as a monitor and every few minutes it switches to black for a few seconds and shows on which port I am in the corner, as if I would switch on and off briefly. This happens ingame as well as when I am just surfing the internet. Does he lose the signal? Why? I use the same HDMI cable as before. 

Now and then I play a very old game: Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, and now I have massive fps drops which I didn’t have before. I get something between 18 and 30 fps. Of course the lag it's so strong that you can not play anymore. 

Also PUBG is no longer as smooth as with the GTX 970. 

Titanfall 2, however, runs without problems. 

I ordered a Dell S2719DGF gaming monitor but I will still continue to use the TV as a monitor to surf, so I would like to solve at least problem Nr1.

My system:

Windows 10  64bit

Cpu: INTEL Core i5 4570 PC1150 6MB Cache 3,2GHz

Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 1150 ATX

Ram: DIMM DDR3 Crucial 16GB / 1600Mhz Ballistix Sport [2x8GB] CL9 rt

Before i replaced my old gpu i uninstalled all old drivers and after i mounted the Vega i installed the latest driver ofc.

I rly hope someone can help.

10 Replies

Just curious, does this ever end in having to manually shut off pc and reboot?

0 Likes
katusch
Adept I

No, it does NOT freeze. The image goes away and comes back in a few seconds. Its like it turns off and on again immediatly. Also I do not get any kind of error msg.

I thought maybe my power supply is to weak, but on the other hand it would not happen even when just surfing on the internet then.

Also the hdmi cable is of high quality and only 2 years old and worked with the old gpu.

0 Likes

ok looks like the blacksreens were caused by the hdmi cable. I tryed an old hdmi cable and I got no such issues atm. Strange becouse that cable worked good with the Nvidia card.

The lag due to poor fps problem in the game Wolfenstein Enemy Territory persists tho, what is very annoying becouse i finally had it running smooth after a lot of problems with this old game, before i exchanged the gpu.

0 Likes

nvm, it was not the cable. Blackscreens goes on. Tv even said "no compatible videosignal" for a few seconds, then image came back. Tried to uninstall all drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller and reinstalled the radeon drivers. Lets see if it helps.

0 Likes

Thank you. I have no sliders for "Adjust Voltage Swing" and "Adjust PreEmphasis" there, probably cuz they speak about displayport and i have only a hdmi cable connected atm. But there is another option which i turned off and i didnt get any blackscreens anymore since then. Lets see if it lasts.

Another prob is that my PC doesnt boot on first try since i put in the radeon card. It freezes on the boot screen and i have to turn it off and on again. On the second run it boots normally. I tried to turn of fastboot now since i read that may help. If anyone got another idea how to fix this please tell me.

0 Likes

Using 19.2.3 ? (just out today).

0 Likes

thx for info. Just upgraded but its even worse. Needed 4 trys to boot successfully.

0 Likes

Can you change the HZ from that TV? Maybe try 60, that TV can run 100Hz right?

0 Likes

i could change the HZ to 60 when i had the Nvidia card in. Now it won't let me change it anymore and it's set on 50 Hz. But that won't solve the prob of not booting into windows i guess. And the problem of the blackscreens seems solved atm, by turning HDCP support off in the Radeon settings (Display -> Specs -> Override).

I solved also the problem with the fps drop in Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, it was not GPU related.

I had to readd "r_primitives 2" in the gameconfig. I had that there but it magically disappeared by itself somehow.

Edit: and it seems I solved also the not booting on first try problem now.

My SSD all of a sudden was set as second boot option in UEFI, instead of first. I'm 100% sure i had it set as first before i exchanged the GPU.

Also my SSD was set as a normal hard-drive in UEFI, not as SSD. Didnt even know one has to adjust this manually.