cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

SmirkingRaccoon
Journeyman III

Google Earth VR works on old 22.5.1 driver but not on newer updates

Google Earth VR on Meta Quest 2 works on the old driver 22.5.1.  I had to downgrade my driver to make it work. The right controller on newer drivers shows a white object that covers a good amount of the viewing area and the control prompts do now show for either controller.

Hardware:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X

GPU: RX 6700 XT

15 Replies
Wolf61
Journeyman III

Same problem for me as for others:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/wi9sjk/quest_2_google_earth_vr_white_screen/

I bought the new 7900XTX and installed the dedicated drivers only to see that Google Earth VR is no longer usabel - what a shame! 

Please AMD - patch this!

steve007iii
Journeyman III

Also experienced the same problem 

Full format and reinstall windows, the only way to be sure if your problems are driver related or something else.

probe esto en windows 7, 8.1, win 10 (1909), Win 10 (21h2), Win10(22h2), Win 11 (22h2)

Disable MPO and enable MPO.

The issue is definitely AMD software.

And i had the same problem with:

**** Google Earth VR

**** Elite dangerous odyssey  ( If you try to land on a planet )

***** SonyVegas

***** God of War - serious drops and freezes even in cutscenes
***** Escape from Tarkov - constantly working on 40fps with frame freeze every minute or so, maybe more often

22.5.1 is the only good driver in a while which is worrisome.

Now, the fact that AMD refuses to even disclose the problem in the driver patch notes, let alone fix it, that's all, really isn't a good show.

Wali763
Adept I

Hi.

I have the same problem with GoogleEarthVR. Unless I use the 22.5-driver I cannot use GoogleEarthVR, since one controller apears like a giant white ball and I cant use any button.

I dont want to count the hours, I wasted trying newer drivers and then clean the system and reainstall the old one again. Im staying with 22.5 until I can find some post, that says GoogleEarthVR works again properly on a newer driver. 

skylax
Journeyman III

I just registered here, because I have the same problem.

Google Earth VR is not usable in this state. The into video works, as soon as the menu pops up, it's just a giant white screen, only the edges are rendered correctly.

This hasn't been the problem with driver 22.5.1.

I suspect it's a shader issue, so I reset the shaders, it didn't change anything.
Obviously I also use SteamVR integration with the Quest 2.

I use an AMD 5900X and a 6900XT.

This needs to be fixed asap, as this problem was created by bad drivers and has been brought to your attention 2 months ago.

shaoaz
Adept II

Lots of VR stuff just plays bad after 22.5.1. It's the only driver that works right in VR. I use VRchat a lot and video play back in any release after 22.5.1 is either instant crash or an horrible stuttery mess with green artifacting.

skylax
Journeyman III

I can confirm, I tested other apps/games in VR as well and have issues in quite a few with artifacts and faulty shaders. Others run fine.

AMD needs to acknowledge and address this issue quickly. It's not ok to be locked out of using VR due to faulty drivers.

Please let me know if you need any further information to fix the problem.

syllopsium
Journeyman III

Here too. Vega 56, Lenovo Explorer WMR. Google Earth logo flickers on startup. Vive controller labels are blank. Globes render as polyhedra instead of spheres.

frazze84
Journeyman III

I have the same problem, Super annoying, please AMD fix this issue.

Hardware:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X

GPU: RX 6700 XT

KannettavaMonni
Journeyman III

Hey, same problem here.

Im using lates drivers with win 10, quest 2 headset and controllers. Please fix this.

thextremeking
Journeyman III

same issue for me

Google vr via steam

win 10 all updates

23.3.1 drivers

gpu 5700xt

cpu 3700x

yamroz
Journeyman III

Yup same here, 6800XT win 11 and 22.40.33 driver.

Guy use the "report bug" button in adrenalin software and flood them with messages. Maybe they finally do something about it. There is a lot of games affected.

0 Likes
Wali763
Adept I

Has anybody used the new driver with GoogleVR? In the notes of 23.4.2, they stated under fixed: "Missing text or a white disk may appear in Google Earth VR™"

Im very hesitant to jump to a newer driver since those also caused some other problems for me after 22.5. 

And finally I seem to have fixed the problem, that windows does not automatically update the driver by itself.

I just went to the device-manager after windows updated the driver and under the drivers tab I selected "previous driver" and then stated that newer driver causes problems. Its over a month now, that I did not have trouble with the driverupdate, whereas before the regedit and the change via advanced systemsettings did not help. Keeping my fingers crossed.

0 Likes
yamroz
Journeyman III

Just installed 23.4.3 and checked Google Earth VR - works OK, no sign of previous white objects occluding controllers or other abnormalities.

0 Likes
racksleaf
Journeyman III

Thanks For Sharing - Racksleaf

thextremeking
Journeyman III

Can confirm it is ok now for my saphire 5700xt, driver version: 23.4.3