cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jaibo
Adept II

Re: Gigabyte vega 56 oc 8gb crash randomly all the time, black screen, fans 100%

Hi numix I'm just wondering why you deleted this previously posted message --> 

"Try the WX 9100 drivers. See this video Radeon Pro WX 9100 PC Game Testing - YouTube  at the 8:15 COD MW runs perfect"

Was there an issue with these drivers in the end?

numix
Adept I

Re: Gigabyte vega 56 oc 8gb crash randomly all the time, black screen, fans 100%

Hi. I delete my comment because  wx9100 pro driver and the wx8200 pro driver are the same file. I think the GPU in the video runs with the adrenaline driver or the pro driver doesnt work fine in Vega gaming GPU 

0 Likes
modmax
Adept II

L unico motivo per cui funziona è che se installati dopo i 17.11 in qualche modo creano un conflitto per il quale vrm gpu e vrm mem non sono rilevati e vengono segnati a 0 in questo modo non scatta la protezione, poichè in effetti il motivo per cui i 17.11 funzionano è perchè il driver non rileva questi 2 valori... tutto qui.per la rilevazione ho usato gpu_z

0 Likes
singul4r
Adept III

The files between those cards are shared so both are the same. The problem is Pro Drivers are NOT gaming drivers, it will give you stability at the cost of some games compatibility, because the features of Enterprise versions are related to AutoCad and Maya, or some SOLIDWORKS for industrial design, used by Airbus and Dassault, Boeing... etc. If those drivers could deliver amazing game performance and stability on every game, and also works flawesly on Enterprise environments, that would be a perfect driver controller and Adrenalind does not have even a chance of existing.
Here we have to make a choice, or you play at maximum frames with last features, but knowing you have blackscreens and freezes and all that stuff. Or you install the Pro version and avoid playing some titles while AMD fix the issue. Is just a reasonable alternative while we waiting... this is not a definitve solution. Some prefeer to use Adrenalin, reducing clocks and use all features, because two crashes every day is not a problem. For me is a problem so I prefeer sacrifice some compatibility and gain continuous gaming sesions, even in multiplayers when friends keep waiting you until you reboot your computer and all that crazy stuff.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

RE: Here we have to make a choice, or you play at maximum frames with last features, but knowing you have blackscreens and freezes and all that stuff. Or you install the Pro version and avoid playing some titles while AMD fix the issue. Is just a reasonable alternative while we waiting... this is not a definitve solution

The real choice is to stop putting up with AMD Driver Fiasco and buy an Nvidia GPU that works.

Tested a PowerColor RX5700XT - Had to use Hybrid Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 + 20.5.1 driver combination to prevent crashing/BSODs. 
Slower than an RX Vega 64 Liquid at 4K on Resident Evil 4 and Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. 

XBOX Game Pass Title: Forza 4 Horizon was tested as it is highly AMD optimised game.

Although FPS reported higher than the RX Vega 64 Liquid, the  RX5700XT FPS stuttering was atrocious in  versus zero stuttering in the Vega GPU.

So why all the Navi Hype?

My RX Vega 64 Liquid just about has all major driver issues solved that I have seen, 2 years and 10 months after launch. That is not "FineWine" That is bad driver support.

I just purchased 2 RX590 for OpenCL and Blender and they will not even work properly on that.
Even if they did work properly, both AMD GPU and CPU 'Blender' solutions are > 10x slower than running a single RTX2080 using  CUDA in Blender.
Nvidia OptiX is faser still.

singul4r
Adept III

Totally Agree.
I really don't know how they gonna sell BigNavi to a community who is dealing with Inmature drivers since 2017...
I don't know also, how I must react if I buy a shiny BIG NAVY this year, which it would cost around 1000+ USD and then realized that those things could have driver issues.... if that happens we need to go to AMD offices and burn up all there. 

The real choice I think it would be move to team green yes, but now I cannot swap my GPU, not now. 
Next year, I think my next GPU needs to be an AMD I already suffer a lot trying to solve those issues. hahahah

singul4r
Adept III

I don't know also, if RDNA is some kind of "unfinished" product. Because right after that, they announce that they are also building RDNA2, a better improved version of RDNA v1. So... maybe they wanted to show us something and they launched some thing in the middle?? Vega64 correctly undervolted and overclocked has little differences with Stock Navi 5700xt, 5600's are plagued by errors. And it seems they are breaking Polaris cards with that last release of the Adrenalin driver.... those cards were solid with far less problems than Navi and Vega, but now it seems they are not safe any more, nothing can escape from the dirty hands of the developers of those drivers, they changed things that affected good reputation old cards.... so I don't know where AMD is going with all of this RTG crap releases.... 

colesdav
MVP

RE: " if that happens we need to go to AMD offices and burn up all there."

Calm down.
I know the World has gone mad but there is no need to join in with any barbarian behaviour just because AMD Drivers let down their GPU Hardware. 

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

RE: I don't know also, if RDNA is some kind of "unfinished" product.

RDNA is just implementing the new CU features that were supposed to go into Vega and adding more on chip cache to make up for loss of HBM2 and HBCC on Vega, replacing with GDDR6. I think it was an attempt to do as little as possible yet improve performance quickly, mostly relying on a move to 7nm. The Die size is the same as the RX590/580/480 and I think that Navi RX5700XT is really the replacement for the RX590. 

re: Vega64 correctly undervolted and overclocked has little differences with Stock Navi 5700xt.

Watercooled RX Vega 64 Liquid which were binned out with higher performing Vega10 die and HBM2 that can Overclock up to 1500 MHz.
Same 1080p performance.
Slower than RX5700XT at 2K but the Navi GPU has FPS stutter.
Faster at 4K than the RX5700XT.

The PowerColor RX5700XT Red Dragon was on the edge of stability and temps were at limit so I could not overclock it.

AMD GPU like the Polaris RX590/580/480 were pretty stable compared to Fiji and Vega GPUs in the past. 
They are now low cost / TB of FP32 but although they have raw FP32 Compute on paper it is simply not translating into Blender performance any more.

0 Likes
shilent
Adept I

New Pro drivers are out. 

I got them installed.  I'll report back if the black screen issue returns.  HDR is working in Doom Eternal, something I lost when using the previous pro drivers.