cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

modmax
Adept II

Re: Gigabyte vega 56 oc 8gb crash randomly all the time, black screen, fans 100%

exactly are the only ones that work because if you notice opening gpu z with these drivers installed, the detection of the soc clock and another pair of sensors will not be present but the important one is the soc clock that shoots random readings out of scale and triggers the therefore 100% black screen and fan protection. If you like, you can give it a try install the 17.xx drivers after which it installs above the 19.12.1 not 2020 edition (no ddu or clean installations) without turning off the pc just restart when you are finished you will notice that with "new" drivers 19.12 .1 opening gpu z the soc clock will be present but it will report 0 as reading in this way the pc will continue not to crash as with the drivers 17.11 until however you will be forced to turn off the pc by removing the power in this way the effect of this trick will disappear unfortunately ... try if you like and let me know your impressions .. hello.

yarenddeniz
Adept I

Re: Gigabyte vega 56 oc 8gb crash randomly all the time, black screen, fans 100%

its really hard for me to understand i will try it is there no chance you could probably help me more via teamviewer or something i would be se thankful really !! 

im really new to this stuff 

0 Likes
yarenddeniz
Adept I

i dont get one thing this method does not work with the 2020 drivers ?? 

0 Likes
mickeekung
Challenger

If you already do all of things but black screen still appear, you can try this method. It's working for me

https://community.amd.com/thread/251474 

0 Likes
lone_starman
Journeyman III

Hello! I have the same problem. I followed the steps you gave to fash my Vega 56 by Gigabyte but it's still showing the soc values on gpu-z. Do you know what's wrong? Thanks!

msi1.gif

msi2.gif

senes
Adept I

I fixed black sceen&100% fan issue few months ago by add some copper and aluminium heatsinks on backplate, but today I decided to remove backplate and put 120mm fan directly on card. 

Just compare temps.

With backplate and heatsinks: https://i.ibb.co/JKS03jf/obraz.png 
Without backplate and with 120mm fan: https://i.ibb.co/jHFm7cs/vega56temp.png 

0 Likes
systemsengineer
Journeyman III

I have had the same issues with my gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 OC 8GB gpu.  Went through the entire range of efforts to resolve the problem (system freezes, black screen, and the blue screen of death with a "thread stuck in device driver" error.  The issue with the 17.12.2 driver solution and  it does work by the way, is that this driver version does not work well with "Call of Duty Modern Warfare" and other games.  A minor annoyance is that games that do work with this driver want to update.  Not to mention windows wants to update the driver as well.  After three weeks, I returned the gpu (still in the mail as of the date/time of this post).  The newer gpu drivers (post 17.12.2) have issues that remain unresolved.  While AMD tech support clearly wanted to help, this appears to be more of a  software fix for the drivers.  For those of you still struggling with the Vega 56.  Don't bother...return it and purchase a different gpu...save yourself the frustration.

0 Likes
scorchys
Adept I

Well I present my story regarding this Gigabyte Radeon Rx Vega 56 Card, nothing economical for all the problems it gives, two continuous months of several card crashes from the first day it arrived, I have been using it for the last 3 weeks, I have already managed to use continuously every day with the card already stable only the freeze has appeared when I don't use it for a long time, even i lost a Gigabyte Motherboard with a boot loop. Now i have been tested several games in 1920 * 1080p in extreme quality without the card freezing or exploding xD, 4K I have not tested yet, but already the fact of being able to use the computer continuously and able to play is something. It is a card that really is a huge headache on the part of AMD.

I have been using the Bios version indicated by systemsengineer
UPDATE THE BIOS USING THIS VGA Bios Collection: Gigabyte RX Vega 56 8 GB | TechPowerUp (or search for your manufacturer if its not Gigabyte)
Bios Version: Gigabyte.RXVega56.8192.190723.rom

And i recomend you the next profiles to use in different states. 

Amd Radeon Rx Vega56 Bios Profiles Adrenalin Stable 

screenshot Radeon RxVega56.png

0 Likes
singul4r
Adept III

Did you guys tried Radeon Pro Drivers yet? 
I been talking to Radeon Vega owners at Reddit and some of them encouraged me to install Radeon Pro Drivers. 

Since I have a Vega 64, with full of problems, freezings, black screens with fan revs up, I decided to give it a try. 

Now Im testing the Radeon WX 9100 Pro driver, which is the Vega 64 counterpart for professionals. AMD claim those drivers are by far the most stable drivers RTG can offer. I played some games a few hours with wonderful performance and no crashes so far, but it's soon to know if it's really effective, time will tell.

If some of you wanna try it. Maybe we can check if those problems are only driver related. 

Download the driver for WX 8100 Pro if you have a Vega 56.

jaibo
Adept II

Hmm, well the black screen/fan ramp/BSODS are back for me since I updated to 20.3.something (now on 20.4.2)...  Making the changes in Adrenaline tuning doesn't seem to work anymore. 

I had to hard reset 3 times this week on PUBG. I'm not sure if the fact that the UK has been having warmer weather again lately is part of the problem, but I'm now out of warranty so I'll try anything. 

Tempted to just buy a new GPU now though tbh... Need a whole new PC anyway if I'm honest!