cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jdrobinson314
Challenger

Re: Gigabyte vega 56 oc 8gb crash randomly all the time with any drivers, except which windows automatically installs

Interesting settings, I have my system set up 100mv above all those ( each one ) on Vega 64 and have been stable. It looks like undervolting works equally well for 56 and 64.

Clocks are different obviously. 

0 Likes
patent122
Adept II

Re: Gigabyte vega 56 oc 8gb crash randomly all the time with any drivers, except which windows automatically installs

Don't buy this card. It's a terrible design which causes VRM to overheat incredibly fast. It is confirmed. People managed to stop crashing by putting radiators on the backplate but it's a terrible solution. This card simply has some of the VRM on back of the PCB

0 Likes
davidly
Adept II

Nice, it actually helped the card get as cool as 56c after playing Gears 5 for one hour, while it was around 75c on auto fan. Also the VRM and hotspot are at 65c instead of 80-82c. So far only had one crash while I was away and the game was alt-tabbed. Only thing I could complain is the fan noise, so I'll try to tweak down those settings you provided. Doesn't help that my card only has one fan (blower) and that it has to cool the whole thing by itself.

I use to play on short sessions though, so I may not be the best person to objectively tell if a profile is the most stable or not. Only exception was No Man's Sky which could keep me playing for 3-4 hours straight, but that was when my GPU was crashing all the time. Too bad I didn't read this thread last week!

0 Likes
davidly
Adept II

Hmm tbh I'd hesitate if I had to buy it again. I mean, performance is great, especially for the price but there are too much problems compared to my previous GTX 970 Strix. Couldn't find better for 230 euros though and now it's too late for me to return it (14 days)... Got to deal with it until I can afford something better, or wait for a driver fix xD

0 Likes
abedfo
Adept I

Well I'm super stoked, managed to play 3 whole conquest rounds on BF1 without crashing. Previously the card would crash mid round after 15 mins or so. 130fps average on ultra

0 Likes
hoarkis
Adept I

I think Gigabyte VEGA 56 OC problem because of driver VGA win10 support. (now I'm running 19.5.2 driver)

I'm running this card on hackintosh (Mojave 10.15.5) very stable, no crash, dump, or hang mouse or keyboard.

On Win 10, I tried put the heatsink on VRM, it run ok but sometime still dump or hang mouse or keyboard

I tried to control Fans, but it doesn't help

My PC

Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi Z390

CPU core i5 9400F

Ram Gskill DDR4

PSU 750W USA

Gigabyte VEGA 56 OC version

0 Likes
davidly
Adept II

Somehow it would be nice it we were sure it's only a driver or kernel problem. That'd mean it could be fixed. I didn't try the default Windows 10 driver though, because so far I can accept 1 crash per day lol.

What kind of software or games do you use on the Hackintosh? Something weird is that I ran OCCT and Furmark for a whole night and no crash nor overheating. And when I use apps like Photoshop and 3ds Max, no problem. It's only happening randomly on games.

Errr, actually, right when I was about to add the comment, my screen flashed black for 1 second and then went back to normal... This also happens when I just start a Windows session, apparently before it loads Radeon Settings.

I have the Air Boost OC version from MSI btw, not Gigabyte, but we seem to be on the same boat.

0 Likes
sephiroth2m
Adept I

My card is very cool because i use WC and undervolt it. But it still crashes. I check the log and see the hotspot temp is suddenly reach 511 degrees and VDDC is < 0. Is that hardware or software issue?

vega.JPG

P/S: Everytime it crashes, the hotspot temp is 511 and VDDC is 0.0437, not more not less. Is this a software problem?

vega2.JPG

0 Likes
abedfo
Adept I

Stopped getting full load black screen crashes but still get the odd thread stuck in device driver crash. They seem to always happen when i go onto YouTube via chrome. Should probably adjust the voltage on power states 2, 3 and 4. I have already put state 2 as lowest HBM state. Could also be a driver issue?

senes
Adept I

Same issue with my GPU. Thanks for idea with heatsink  Two heatsinks from AMD Wraith Stealth solved problem. No more black screens. (Wattman settings: 1.000V for 1532Mhz and 1.025V for 1597Mhz; memory: 935Mhz and 0.900V). Vega 56 VRM heatsink

0 Likes