cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

arnolozz
Journeyman III

Re: Gigabyte vega 56 oc 8gb crash randomly all the time with any drivers, except which windows automatically installs

Nice to see i'm not the only one. 

Just had to RMA my gigabyte vega 56 oc.

It just wouldn't boot one morning, tried on two other machines with the same result. 

For the people who had theirs RMA'd. How was your experience with the RMA? How long did it take and did it come back fixed?

0 Likes
johnsmith7171
Adept II

Re: Gigabyte vega 56 oc 8gb crash randomly all the time with any drivers, except which windows automatically installs

This may sound weird, but a friend of mine had the same problem.

Not sure where the connection is, but the problem was the overclocked CPU (not stock clocks, but changed in the bios).

Blackscreen/fans at max. As soon we put the clocks to the absolute standard the problem went away.

wolfiet
Adept II

That might be helpful to some, but I want to point out I am running at stock clocks and always have been.

wolfiet
Adept II

None at all. Still completely worthless under new drivers. And now that I cannot seem to get the old drivers with no AMD settings app, the entire gpu has become a paperweight I have sitting on my desk to glare at from time to time.

0 Likes
wolfiet
Adept II

I can't RMA mine where I live, but a friend RMAd theirs (suffering same problem as me. we bought ours roughly the same time) RMA took about one month, give or take a couple days. The new card suffered the same issue, and after RMAing 4 more times they ended up selling the card to an electronics scrapper and moving to an Nvidia GTX 980.

0 Likes
mojoe_90
Adept II

Just a quick update, after 4 weeks I have my card back from the RMA.  New drivers installed and I'm gonna game the heck out of it now to test it.

I will let you know how it goes.

jdrobinson314
Challenger

13 hours later and ....?

0 Likes
mojoe_90
Adept II

Much better, had a few stutters on bench mark but that may not be the card , temperature is alot lower than its has been before after 4 hours gaming at max or ultra setting card was sat at 75 Deg and fans where not too noisy.  ( Before it got hot after a few minutes )  It wasn't radiating heat like before and heating up my pc.   seems to be working as you would expect but sadly I'm now tainted into thinking this could happen again

0 Likes
jdrobinson314
Challenger

This could have been a case of bad thermal paste. I haven't read back in the comments to see if anyone tried a disassembly and reseat. 

vendett3
Adept II

You won't find many, my friend, because the disassembling of a GPU is consider a breach in warranty, even if it means saving it from overheating. And since some of us still holds the faint hope that we could RMA if total failure, we haven't put that solution over the table. Though that 75 degrees mark mojoe mentioned is not something I haven't seen while I'm gaming...

0 Likes