cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sephiroth2m
Adept I

Re: Gigabyte Vega 56 Gaming OC randomly crashes

Did as you said - decrease the power target to -20% - and it's running without crashing for a day. Continue to test for problems. Seems it's the thermal issue

vega6.JPG

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

What is max. temperature with -20% power?

0 Likes
sephiroth2m
Adept I

I also lowered the GPU clock so the max temp now is 69 (mem VRM).

vega7.JPG

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Cooler is very quality on your GPU. I think you will get a very good result if you apply a good thermal paste with 8watt/kelvin on the GPU. But this is voided GPU warranty. Increase GPU power with -15% or -10% according to 75-80 degrees if you want. In this way you will lower the performance loss. If you apply the best GPU power to your system according to temperature, your system is extremely stable for every application. You should also try GPU core clock speed with the standard value without changing voltages. The important thing is: Get the best efficiency from your GPU in the lowest temperature and most stable way... Good luck...

sephiroth2m
Adept I

Yes. I'll test these settings to see if it's stable, then I'll increase something to find more efficiency. Turns out (and hope) that it's thermal issue only. Thank you

modmax
Adept II

reduce the ram frequency to 700mhz this will reduce the 511 bug of the hotspot for me it worked but my gpu is a vega 56 msi

modmax
Adept II

reduce the ram frequency to 700mhz this will reduce the bug 511 of the hotspot for me it worked but my gpu is a vega 56 msi in this way I can play even 2/3 hours in a row but in any case the fault remains I think it's a defect of some cards with windows 7 it occurs less than with win 10 I spent hours experimenting .... try my suggestions

modmax
Adept II

Immagine.jpg

in this case nothing happens as they are vrm but when it happens on the hotspot ..... crash

0 Likes
modmax
Adept II

I'm setting the ram to 680 mhz this seems to solve the problem for me and in any case you don't lose a lot of performance always better than throwing it since having mounted a morpheus2 cooler I lost the guarantee.

0 Likes
modmax
Adept II

look for the ir35217 controller on the back of the circuit board and if there is no 2mm thermal pad this solves several temperature reading problems and random crashes since it is not cooled on most boards.

0 Likes