cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sephiroth2m
Adept I

Re: Gigabyte Vega 56 Gaming OC randomly crashes

Thank for your advice. I'd undervolted it using Overdriventool and it worked well until today, when I switched to the game from desktop (using Alt+Tab). It crashed immidiately, here is the screenshot. Maybe it needs some more vcore?

vega5.JPG

0 Likes
brödrosten
Adept II

Hmm, could you raise the P3 at the memory section to 950mv.

0 Likes
sephiroth2m
Adept I

Just raised the P3 mem to 950mv and it crashed when loading game. And this time is forever. It just not boot again. Tired of AMD. Maybe next time will be nVidia. Thanks for your help

0 Likes
brödrosten
Adept II

Shame, you might have gotten a bad unit. Would recommend you RMA it if you have warranty left.

Hope it all works out for you in the end.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Sorry. But I have to ask. Why do you change power to +50%? Why not give a maximum voltage value of 1150mV (standard) for the maximum core voltage? How compatible is your PSU and your GPU heatsink with 1100mV +50% power? Why are you changing VRAM clock or voltage values?

You receive errors. Because the driver you use tends to protect the graphics card.

0 Likes
sephiroth2m
Adept I

I just read that numbers from some guide to undervolt it because my card is hot at default. My PSU is SAMA 80+ 750W and I was using Sapphire rx580 Nitro+ for 2 years without any problem, before upgrading to this card 1 month ago.

BTW, i just booted using HD630 and saw the vega56 in device list. Maybe a BIOS corruption?

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

I don't know what you mean. Can you explain?

0 Likes
sephiroth2m
Adept I

I just want to undervolt it to lower the temp. At default the hot spot is more than 90 degree. I did like the following

AMD Radeon RX Vega Undervolting Survey (Reddit) – Responses 

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

vega5.png

The above settings are standard and -20% power should be applied to prevent overheating. Use the GPU with these settings and look for your consumer rights if problems occour.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Yes. I get it now. Download and run OverdriveNTool. Click the Reset Button first. Then change the power from 0 to -20 and apply it. Then, download-install-run FurMark. Perform a temperature test for 800x600 resolution without AA.

DO NOT increase power. On the contrary, temperatures increase. Decrease power and test it like I wrote. Share your results if you want. If I read something that I think may be useful, I will respond.

0 Likes