cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

stratistz
Adept I

Gigabyte-RX5700XT (VIDEO.TDR.FAILURE) problem

I have just bought my pc setup, 2 days ago..  

CPU: amd ryzen 3gen. 3600

GPU:Gigabyte-RX5700 XT 

RAM: 16gb gskil

MTB: Asus x470-pro (updated for 3gen AMD cpus).

Ssd: m.2 

monitor: viewsonic xg2530 240hz

Corsair-tx650w

When the windows installed and every program took its place, the problem started. 

I download every GPU driver from your site (the 3 last drivers you recommend) and steel cant fix the problem..

#VIDEO.TDR.FAILURE (atikmpag.sys) again and again...

74708900_426678961225463_3464949889497038848_n.jpg

I've seen others people saying the same like me. At the same time except the blue screen unstoppable errors, the google chrome crash, green theme every ware, you-tube videos can't load, monitor and sound problems.. freeze and again blue screen. I try to do every process  in safe mode but the same result error. I disable the GPU and the drivers to see if something else wrong and every think worked with success. 

So the GPU has the problem and more specific the drivers (I think).   

What is wrong?? please give an answer and help, I am a person with moving disabilities and spend the most of my time in the internet playing games. 

Please tell me what i suppose to do.  

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
10 Replies
krjdev
Adept II

Hello,

You could try to set a other TDR delay (TdrDelay) in the registry editor. Maybe I helps.

Recommend value is 8 in hex, referring to other sites.

KeyPath : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers

KeyValue : TdrDelay

ValueType : REG_DWORD

See for details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/tdr-registry-keys

Hi, i tryed but i dont have the knowledge for all this (data values + numbers+.....). Is there another way? 

0 Likes

Here is a guide how to increase TDR to 8. 

There is no other way other than changing registry that I know of, but it is not that hard. You simply need to navigate to the registry path with opening regedit in your command line. From there the path is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers

Quoting from the guide

"In the box to the right you may or may not see  TdrDelay with a data value of (2). If you see that, double click and change the value from (2) to (8). If you don't see TdrDelay...right click on a open space and create a new Dword and name it TdrDelay . Double click that and set a value of 8. I do not recommend using a 'tool' to reset this value."

This can fix the blue screen? (VIDEO.TDR.FAILURE ,atikmpag.sys) and the message (application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware) ? 

0 Likes

It should fix it, yes, or at least help with the frequency of it. After changing it I did not have this problem/crash. There are other crashes with RX 5700 XT but they are not TDR related (hardware acceleration enabled in discord/chrome/steam, running performance monitor etc).

I did it but the videos stil cant load videos.. Should i re-install my Windows again and do this steps? 

0 Likes

Did you try to disable hardware acceleration everywhere you can (Chrome or chrome-based browser, Steam, Discord if you are using it).

0 Likes

No i didnt. All this are problems or settings for the Gpu? I cant understand my card has the problem or the Windows, or smt of my others hardware choices(Ram, Cpu, Mtb). I am going to give back to the store the Gpu, for more details. 

0 Likes
stratistz
Adept I

The problem solved after i updated my motherboard bios. I recomend, owners with rx5700xt Gpu to check for bios updates. This is the first thing to do after the installation of the mentioned gpu. The reason is the pcie-4 that rx5700xt has. If a motherboard (for ex, My Asus x470 prime pro) has pcie-3 then you Will have the above problems. You have to change it to make it compatibil with the Gpu. Update your bios first and after this, Windows full updated, and after the Gpu, sound and others drivers.

0 Likes

For me it doesnt solve anything. I updatet to latest BIOS (ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E, BIOS 1409), Windows 10 is up to date. With Radeon Software installed, allways crashed with TDR VIDEO FAILURE. I will now try the TDR Registry "mod" and will reply here if it helped or not. Im using a Sapphire RX5700XT Nitro+

0 Likes