cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

locodicegr
Miniboss

Gigabyte R9 380 4G - Memory Stuck in Max Speed - v18.1.1 Beta/WHQL (Reproduced)

Used The lastest DDU in safe mode -> Installed 18.1.1 WHQL.

Memory speed is stuck at max speed's without anything running, even after restarting the computer.

Checked with GPU-Z 2.6.0 + Wattman.

NO Afterburner installed / NO OC.

My main monitor is connected with 20$ HDMI-HDMI Cable, no problems with that.

- EDIT/Info: I manage to reproduce the problem...I have a brand new Display Port (GPU) -> Hdmi (TV) cable that goes to my brand new TV.

When i remove it the memory dont stuck anymore in max speeds...when i plug it in...it goes max again.

The TV is not even ON.

System:

CPU: i5 750 2.67Ghz
Cooler: Corsair A50
MoBo: Asus P7P55-M
RAM: HyperX Fury @1866 8GB
GPU: Gigabyte R9 380 4G
SSD: 2x Kingston 120GB (OS + Games)
HDD: 1TB WD Blue (Storage)
SoundCard: Soundblaster Z
Case: Corsair Air 540
Fans: 4x Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2
PSU: XFX TS 550w

0 Likes
19 Replies

Disable RELIVE instances in Task Manager and see if your GPU goes back to normal. This was suggested in other similar threads here in the Forum. Even though you didn't enable or install RELIVE it seems to still be active in the background.

Don't rename any .EXE files but disable ReLive-Host/Desktop Task. Even though this was mentioned for Firefox, there is no harm in trying to see if it works. Otherwise is best to go to a Previous AMD driver that won't cause the issue you are having.

hamburg (to berndh) 1 month ago

Finaly! Thx a lot!  I thougt i am the only one!

At HWMonitor, i have, from time to time, 100% and max GPU-Clock. After a few tests i did find the Problem:                               

Firefox + Youtube (Only Fullscreen) + ReLife-Host/Desktop task.

I did not have ReLive installed, but i have 17.12.2.

After killing the ReLive task... 0% GPU use.

How can i turn ReLive off ?

I did rename the .exe ... but its just a workaround ?! (amddvr.exe  + amdow.exe)

or the only way?

Win10 64Bit

Firefox 57.0.2

XFX 580 D: 17.12.2

0 Likes

I update my post...your fix doesnt work for me.

0 Likes

What type of DP-HDMI adapter are you using? The best and most compatible type is the ACTIVE type and not the PASSIVE type. I see that it is a cable and not a adapter. Maybe you may want to try an ACTIVE type of DP-HDMI Adapter and see it the problem reoccurs. They are not that cheap though. Even though the TV is not on, the electronics is still active. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to turn on the TV with your Remote.

Just a suggestion.

First time I hear that particular problem being caused by attaching a adapter cable to a TV.

The site i buy it from it says HDMI Male.

Nothing else.

''POWERTECH Displayport 20pin male / HDMI male, 1m, Black''

0 Likes

I'm having the same problem. Initially I thought it was because I perma-attached a 2nd monitor. However, I've just tested this theory by disconnecting the 2nd monitor and the issue is still persisting. Now the only variable left is the cable itself. I ordered some DVI-D cables off of Amazon. Could this really be the culprit? Do anything about this?

0 Likes

The cables maybe is a problem yeah...if they are cheap.

My main cable is 25$ HDMI no problems with that.

The other one costs 2$.

0 Likes

I'm fairly certain that in my case it is the cables... I disconnected the additional monitor completely and the issue persisted, so the only variable left is the cable since that is the only thing that is different from when it was working fine before :/

0 Likes

i can't find the ReLive task. i've never installed it, so that could be the reason i'm unable to find it, but you pointed out that it might still somehow be active even if one hasn't installed it...

0 Likes
locodicegr
Miniboss

amdmatt​  ray_m​  Are you guys familiar with that issue?

0 Likes

Have you reported the issue to AMD? That's the only way anything will be done > AMD Issue Reporting Form

0 Likes

Yes i just submitted one..but i thought its the same thing to post it here!

Anyway..

0 Likes

can i get a link to the report you made, please?

0 Likes
gk01
Journeyman III

i just realized a little while ago that i'm experiencing the very same problem. however, recently i have been using a second monitor that is always connected. but the issue persists even if i turn off the screen AND the power to that monitor... you figure out what is causing this? i'm hoping we don't have malware on our PCs that has hijacked our GPUs in order to mine cryptos or something.

0 Likes

Read my original post.

There is a bug with the second monitor.

0 Likes

sounds more like a bug with the GPU drivers. how do you know it's an issue with the 2nd monitor and not the cable or GPU drivers or whatever else?

0 Likes

Because when i remove the 2nd cable the problem stops? hello?

That doesn't mean it's an issue with the 2nd monitor or even having an additional monitor.

Have you tried with a different cable and a different 2nd monitor??

Hello...

0 Likes
gk01
Journeyman III

i flashed my BIOS, this had no effect.

what i'd really like to do is test whether or not the issue persists if new/different cables are used, but unfortunately i can't since my monitors are now wall-mounted and the old cords aren't long enough...

0 Likes
locodicegr
Miniboss

Bump!

0 Likes