cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

killroy2963
Adept II

Gigabyte Master X570 d3 error code with new 21.4.1 drivers

As the title states when I installed these new drivers I got a d3 error code on my motherboard. This happened when I went to the performance tab, but also when not even in the driver software. The error code translates to Some of the Architectural Protocols are not available. I also got a d2 error once, which is PCH initialization error.

I do not get these error codes with the previous set.

1 Solution

Go to task scheduler library and look for AMDRyzenMasterSDKTask, right click and select disable, no more d3 error code.

You also do need to do a reboot.

View solution in original post

36 Replies
Fl1nch
Adept I

Add me to the list.......same board and D3 code.

If I open Ryzen Master, then the debug code goes to F8

uninstalling the drivers and going back to the prior one removes the issue

Same issue here with my Aorus X570 Xtreme. Fresh windows install with all app that I use no issue with code d3.

Soon as, I install the Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.4.1, it raise code d3 after some minutes of windows start.

What exactly drivers are you uninstalling?

0 Likes

Love it !! For some reason latest versions of adrenalin raised the D3 code but they were not smart enough to know why it happen.  Come on AMD, seriously ? 

On the release note from Adrenalin Edition 21.7.1

2021-07-16_114248.png

Important Notes; 

After updating to the latest Radeon™ Adrenalin software, a D3 information code is seen on some motherboards. However, AMD has not identified any issues pertaining to it – it is an information code and not an error code.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the post, we are looking into this. 

Exact same issue on my Asus ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING motherboard. Goes from AA to d3 after a few minutes, or immediately if manually opening Radeon software.

0 Likes
Guwapo77
Journeyman III

This was driving me crazy until I read this post.  Thank goodness I'm not alone.   Same problem - d3.   This is a new build Aorus Master with 5950x and Red Devil 6900XT.  

0 Likes

Go to task scheduler library and look for AMDRyzenMasterSDKTask, right click and select disable, no more d3 error code.

Thanks it worked 

0 Likes

You also do need to do a reboot.

I have applied this workaround yesterday and since then no issue again with d3 error.  

Thanks again @killroy2963  

I have the same issue, even after disabling and master ask, I get a BSOD and crashes and the next boot cycles fine.  Any suggestions?

Newly installed Mobo 

Gigabyte x570 aorus Master

Fresh install windows 10

AMD Radeon RX 5700xt

0 Likes

Which bios version do u have ? 

0 Likes

Factory bios, as I don't have a bios splash screen for some reason, even if I push delete to enter bios it hangs on A6

0 Likes

You may try to update the bios using Q-Flash Plus method. 

I have done my first bios update like that on my Xtreme board. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C91ZsnqOfCE

Cheers! 

0 Likes

I have flashed BIOS to version F32 and I am still receiving the same Ad Debug.  I am currently installing a fresh copy of windows to see if it corrects the issues...Uncertain what could be the issue.  I am running two display ports from HDMI to Display Port--If I encounter an issue again I will try one monitor using HDMI to see if it corrects the issue.  The excitement from building a new rig to your specs quickly dies off with so many issues.  Nothing seems to be built as it used to be. 

0 Likes

The problem is with the AMD drivers not your system, only disabling AMDRyzenMasterSDKTask in task scheduling gets rid of the issue, but this will also disable Ryzen Master if you happen to be using it for overclocking.

0 Likes

Would the AMD driver issue also cause the Debug to AD---during the fresh windows installation--I have a blue screen That does not produce a dump file. I can't read the error because it disappears too fast.  When it crashes the system boots and gets stuck on The Ad error, shuts off after a while, and the next boot cycles normally until the next BSOD.

I appreciate all the help and time I am truly at a loss.

0 Likes

Myself and others did not experience any blue screen, just the d3 error, so you may have another issue going on.

0 Likes

I changed my gpu out with another and no longer having issues. I tried my original gpu in another rig and it works flawlessly.

0 Likes

The D3 error shouldn't cause any system related crashes. I would look elsewhere considering your blue screens. Especially if you just built your system. 

0 Likes

I'm on F33j and 21.5.2 and I also see the bios code errors on my x570 aorus master.  Its showing D2 as I type this.

0 Likes

If your not using Ryzen Master to OC your CPU, then just disable AMDRyzenMasterSDKTask in task scheduler and reboot. It's the easiest way to get rid of the problem, until/if they fix it.

0 Likes

No such animal exists in my startup list and I don't have ryzen master installed.

0 Likes

It's not in the start up list, go to computer management and select task scheduler, go to task scheduler library and in the box to the right look for AMDRyzenMasterSDKTask, right click, diable and reboot.Capture.PNG

I followed your instructions and now I'm showing A0 like before. 

Asus X370 with 21.6.1 Driver is giving me the same BSOD > 1 or 2 mins after restart. Error is the same... Solution is the same... 
AMD can you update us till when we will get that error?!!? 

0 Likes

I'm not experiencing any issues but I'm seeing d3 on my motherboard debug code.  This is after UEFI hands off to OS.  X570 Xtreme.  Ryzen Master is not installed, in fact I recently uninstalled it (latest one as of today April 19th 22)  Using AMD chipset software .431

0 Likes

That error code is raised soon as u don't have Ryzen Master installed and just AMD Adrenalin.

Code is caused by the AMD scheduled task "AMDRyzenMasterSDKTask" in Windows Schedule which is installed with Adrenalin. 

Soon as this task is turned off when Ryzen Master is not installed, error code, doesn't appear anymore. Downside you will loose the CPU info on metric overlay and in Adrenalin performance tab. 

I don't understand, why AMD just ignored this issue even if it is supposed to be "informative code" like they said it was, it shouldn't remain displayed. 

0 Likes

I've recently revisited this and decided to try the Task Scheduler work-around.  I have a 5800X3D, 6900XT Toxic Air cooled, Ryzen Master installed, and using latest AMD GPU drivers (22.5.1).  I disabled it, rebooted and it worked.  A few reboots later it came back. 

0 Likes
Kaneda
Journeyman III

Here's another one, also X570 Master, bios 33i, Ryzen9 5900X and an RX6900XT.

taskschd.msc command to get there, and seems a reboot is required.

0 Likes
Parabelliume
Journeyman III

Yup , having the same issue after updating to Adrenaline 21.4.1.

AMD , fix it.

0 Likes

A new beta bios has been posted on X570 Aorus Master support page and has a mention of "Checksum : D303" in the list of fixes. 

It didn't work, I got the same d3 error after updating to the new bios.

0 Likes

New release of 21.5.1 didn't fixed the d3 error code. 

0 Likes

Yup same here

0 Likes