Adept III

GIGABYTE G1 AMD RX 480 4GB RED SCREEN

OS- Windows 10 (64 bit)

Ram- 8 GB GDDR5

Graphic Card- Gigabyte G1 RX 480 4GB

Radeon Software Version- 18.2.2

CPU- Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6402P CPU @ 2.80GHz

Mobo- B150M-BAZOOKA

When Gaming in Graphic Intensive Games such as The Evil Within, The Evil Within 2, Fallout 4, Resident Evil 7, Resident Evil 6, Assassins Creed IV Black Flag, and others I Will Randomly after so many mins get a SOLID RED SCREEN sometimes with a loud buzzing noise.

I've recently replaced my PSU because I thought that was the issue but no the error still persists. I've Run Haven Benchmark and FurMark and none can get my computer to Crash with the red screen. Windows doesn't seem to be leaving behind any error dumps but these are the error logs left behind after a crash.

I've done a Ram check and Updated my Mobo Bios and even did a complete Re Install of Windows 10 but this RED SCREEN during gaming will not stop. my Temps never go beyond 75C and the most recent crash was after 30minutes playing Resident evil 7 the temps fluctuated between 60C and 68C and at random my entire system freezes with a SOLID RED SCREEN. this isnt a RSOD its a SOLID RED SCREEN with no text or anything. Crashes can be Avoided on few games by Lowering the Frame Rate to 30. Resident Evil 7 and Evil Within 1&2 will all crash unless the Frame Rate is locked at 30.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I think Windows Downloads ver 16.x.x and stores it somewhere so when you install the latest from AMD the one windows installed doesn't go away it simply gives priority to the one you've installed. and since im a Win10 x64 Home user i cant disable those updates but i can stop them till the next one rolls out. AMDs clean install only removes the drivers it installed and not the ones windows installed

View solution in original post

103 Replies