cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

furu
Journeyman III

Gigabyte 5600 XT GAMING on updated BIOS is unstable

I had a real problem getting this card set up. As it turns out updating my Intel graphics drivers made it stable and playable. So far it works great on the lesser BIOS with both the 2.2 and 2.3 available drivers. However on the more powerful BIOS it will crash. Is this simply due to the card not handling the overclock well or is a general stability issue? Has anyone had similar and found a way to get it stable or is it just one of those things?

0 Likes
3 Replies
kopzz
Journeyman III

I have the same issue. It sometimes crashes even on stock BIOS.
Maybe I should return it and buy RTX?

0 Likes
furu
Journeyman III

I wiped the drivers and started fresh. When I used the weaker bios with both drivers I did find it stable. I have a 3770k and it was only after I did a recent driver update for that first that the card worked though. I think it is a BIOS issue though as I had the OC settings to the max this morning and was playing Squad absolutely fine.

0 Likes

Same issue here. I flashed FA0 just when installed it in my pc. I started to have a lot of reboots.. like suddenly freezes, then blackscreen, keyboard and mouse gone and then it reboots. So today a I flashed to F2 bios and it's working good so far.. except for the perfomance loss. :/

Is there anybody here who've been running good with the FA0 bios version?

0 Likes