cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

judgefudge
Journeyman III

GETTING THE WRONG DRIVER.

I UPDATED MY AMD Radeon™ 530 Graphics (2 GB DDR3 dedicated) CARD, AND I GOT AMD Radeon™ R7 M340 INSTEAD?! I TRIED UNINSTALLING THROUGH DDU AND INSTALLING THE FILE AGAIN. I GOT THE SAME THING. THE PERFORMANCE DROPPED DRASTICALLY. I FORMATTED MY WHOLE LAPTOP SO I WOULD GET THE OLDER CARD AND IT JUST KEEPS GIVING ME R7 340!!!?

I'M HOPING TO GET A QUICK ANSWER TO FIX THIS ISSUE. BECAUSE IT JUST DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE.

0 Likes
12 Replies

AMD offers generic drivers with generic names. Possibly you are installing the wrong driver.

1. What processor/APU do you have?

2. Windows10 up to date?

intel core i7 7500U

and yes windows 10 is up to date.

0 Likes

I even tried updating through device manager, got the R7 340 drive.

is there a solution to this?!

0 Likes

Your Intel graphics must be the latest version from Intel Support and must be installed before the AMD driver. Make sure you have disabled automatic driver installation in Windows. Delete the drivers in the C:AMD folder..they are not needed and frees up some space.

Screenshot_1.png

INTEL SUPPORT > https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

My intel driver is fine, and up to date. My problem is with the AMD driver. Whenever I download the CORRECT version that is supposed to be compatible with my card, I get another one.

I FORMATTED my whole laptop and lost all my data to get the EXACT SAME RESULTS!

0 Likes

That answer scares me. It is very important to use Intel's search feature to get the latest driver...not from Windows Update. The latset AMD driver....https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-500-series/radeon-530
0 Likes

Download the drivers from the manufacturer's support site. You will have the original version number.

You mean HP? I did.. latest update was in 2019, and even that gave me the same R7 340 problem. I downloaded an older version VERY OLD. it gave me M350 (the correct one). i tried updating it, i got r7 340 again..

0 Likes

What is the exact model number of your laptop? It will be on a sticker on the bottom.

0 Likes

HP Notebook - 15-bs085nia

my version is currently radeon 530m version 17.7 that was released on June 18th, 2018

if i try to update that, i get R7 340.

0 Likes

The drivers I'm downloading from the official AMD website for the 500 series are  r7 340..

0 Likes
Randomgamer
Journeyman III

Im having the exact same pc and exact same problem, did you ever find a solution for this?if so then please help

0 Likes