cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bogzamd
Journeyman III

Getting black screen when playing 4k on netflix using microsoft edge. fix?

Now with the new microsoft edge is based off on chromium, I want to try it out since I've been using Opera for a while now.

When watching netflix on my pc, I always use the windows app since it can play 4k but its not really user friendly, Netflix says it can also play 4k on edge but everytime I try to play 4k netflix on edge. screen goes black then disables the display driver of my r5 3400g, I checked on Device Manager. And also there is a notification on windows that say display driver wont start and it will be using microsoft basic display driver instead. If I refresh the page. It will play, but not in 4k and it is laggy because windows unloaded my device driver and will start using Microsoft Basic Display driver instead. I had to re enable the driver for my r5 3400g on the device manager. But then again if I press play, it goes black again and the cycle goes on. I updated my driver on the latest and is always is updated.

Any of you guys have this problem? I really want to try this new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium.

My Rig:

R5 3400G

Asrock B450M Pro4-F

Hyperx Fury 2x4gb 2666mhz

Windows 10 v1903

Edit: I turned off hardware acceleration, and netflix played but not 4k. only 720p

0 Likes
0 Replies