cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

icewolf208
Adept I

Getting artifacts on RX580 on the latest Radeon software update 20.4.1 with multiple monitors

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (stock speed and cooler)

Ram: Corsair Veng 2 x 8GB (2666mhz)

GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RX580 8GB (OC'd with GPU tweak 2 using OC profile and sometimes gaming profile)

MoBo: ASUS ROG Strix B350-F gaming

PSU: EVGA 750W G3

SSD: Samsung 970 evo 500gb (windows 10 pro version 1909 build 18363.778)

Storage 1: 2TB Barracuda 2TB

Storage 2: 2TB Firecuda 2TB

Monitors: 2 x Samsung LC27F398FWNXZA (72hz)

AMD Radeon Software build 20.4.1 

Hello I've been getting artifacts on screen since the latest Radeon software update. This only happens when I have my monitors on 'extend' mode. The monitors flicker and have artifacts on screen when I am opening a new window, switching to another window, minimizing/maximizing a window, playing videos, using graphics programs, viewing an image in full-screen and while gaming. Both monitors have artifacts not just 1 or the one I am actively using. The artifacts come and go, but they do not cause crashes... yet, it's just very annoying.

Anything I can do to prevent this?

Note: when installing a Radeon software update I always check the fresh install button where it uninstalls everything first before installing the new update.

1 Solution
icewolf208
Adept I

Using Radeon Software version 20.5.1 and I found the problem, when I deactivate AMD FreeSync in the display tab in AMD Radeon Software I don't get any artifacts. 

I can freely use vsync in games with both displays activated.

Both of my monitors are using FreeSync on Ultimate Engine. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mickeekung
Challenger

Can you try again on version 20.4.2?

icewolf208
Adept I

mickeekung‌ 

Sorry for the late update, I just installed version 20.4.2 and I am still getting the artifacts, I get the artifacts when I view an image with Adobe Bridge (hit spacebar to fullscreen) and zoom in (I do this very often). The artifacts don't always appear when I view the image, only when zooming in. 

I just tried a few more things and also start the artifacts when playing games (the artifacts only appear when switching screens in-game ex. selecting different tabs when customizing a car in Rocket League).

The artifacts almost always appear on the home screen of the AMD Radeon Software when the middle-bottom image changes.

After starting the artifacts, they come and go very often when doing anything on the pc. The artifacts disappear when I reset my screen, I do this by changing display options (select any other screen configuration then back to extend), but come back when a trigger starts them.

0 Likes
icewolf208
Adept I

Using Radeon Software version 20.5.1 and I found the problem, when I deactivate AMD FreeSync in the display tab in AMD Radeon Software I don't get any artifacts. 

I can freely use vsync in games with both displays activated.

Both of my monitors are using FreeSync on Ultimate Engine.