cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Faizan_Mirza
Adept I

Generic Non-Pnp Monitor Keeps Connecting and Disconnecting

Ok had this bug for a while, tried everything to fix it. Reinstalled my drivers, even used DDU, also installed new Windows 10 fresh but this issue doesnt go away. Many People have stated this issue in many forums but they didnt got to fix it. 

The Issue is Whenever I enable My graphics Driver in the device manager , Windows keeps installing a generic non pnp driver and uninstalls it every second. This causes massive Lags and stutters. My games run good and my temps are also normal. This seems like a driver issue or hardware but it can be avoided in some way right? Please help me in solving this issue. It also keeps making a phantom monitor of the second display with a resolution of 640x480 marked as Displayport in display settings of amd software. 

My specs are:

Card name: Radeon RX 580 Series 4gb XFX

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 V2 @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM

430 watt Antec Earthwatt PSU

BIOS: Fid (type: UEFI)

H61 chipset Gigabyte MB.

The Phantom Monitor with Display port ( I use DVI)The Phantom Monitor with Display port ( I use DVI)The Generic Non-pnp MonitorThe Generic Non-pnp Monitor

0 Likes
1 Solution

I kind of fixed it myself by inserting a DP to HDMI converter without output to the respective display port that was causing the 

error

279316181_437174354877332_6567396934842670898_n.jpg

maybe its common for these cards as a hardware issue or just a driver prblm the company won't care to fix.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

You mentioned you use DVI, have you tried using the HDMI and Display ports to see if the issue persists?

I tried using hdmi the issue still persisted 

0 Likes

Tried display port?

0 Likes

Sorry about being gone for a day. Yea I ordered a display port today to check if it solves the problem. But isn't there any other way to avoid the Windows from adding the generic non-pnp monitor? Just to clarify that this issue just goes away by itself for like a week or so but randomly comes again. If I disable my graphics driver it fixes the issue but I can't use my card for gaming and working purposes then.

0 Likes

It's displaying generic non-pnp monitor because you haven't installed the monitor driver, some monitors have drivers and some don't, go to the device manager, right click on generic non-pnp monitor -> update driver -> search automatically for updated driver, when if it installs, restart the PC. or get the driver directly from the official monitor support page, keep in mind that your monitor might not have driver at all. What model is it exactly?

0 Likes

I did update my drivers for the monitor but it doesn't make any difference the generic non-pnp still connects and disconnects.  Also, I tried to search automatically for generic non-pnp, but it doesn't detect any drivers. I changed my monitor too

see but it didn't solve the issue

Capture.PNG

0 Likes

I kind of fixed it myself by inserting a DP to HDMI converter without output to the respective display port that was causing the 

error

279316181_437174354877332_6567396934842670898_n.jpg

maybe its common for these cards as a hardware issue or just a driver prblm the company won't care to fix.

vialli100
Forerunner

Just been having a little read around the net...

A 500w PSU is the minimum requirement for your GPU and it should be a good one..

Some sites are saying nothing less than 650w, as problems are reported with anything less..

I run a Seasonic 850w Gold in my PC, over doing it I know..

But I never have any problems..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
Esperologist
Journeyman III

In the display settings (your first image), have you tried scrolling down to 'Mulitiple Displays' and setting it to 'Show only on 1' ? (Presuming, 1 is your primary monitor and 2 is the bug.)

I was getting a similar effect (constantly repeating install/uninstall) while trying to swap my second monitor. I'm currently trying to post my solution (so it is somewhere, in hopes it helps others).
My solution required turning off the monitor (so it stopped messing around) and then making some adjustments.

Obviously, you can't turn off what isn't there. But, I noticed that if I set it to 'Show only on 1' that it removed the second display... which I obviously didn't want... but might help you. (If it sticks to it.)

0 Likes