cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

etitek
Adept II

Re: gcc segmentation faults on Ryzen / Linux

Hi, I got a new processor and I still have a problem with the stability of the program hangs. I have ruled the bones to have some problems. I now have a strange problem. As I test kill-ryzen.sh after a few hours of testing it hangs my whole computer and I am not able to do anything. Can it be tested in a way that does not clutter the 32GB frame and hang the system?

chmod a + x kill-ryzen.sh

./kill-ryzen.sh

0 Likes
synthor
Adept II

If your system locks up it could be another failure. Is your system prime-stable and memtest checked?

32GB is enough to run kill-ryzen.sh, with less than 16GB you'd need to disable the ramdisk in the script itself. Just set the value from true to false and run it again, but this shouldn't be the solution for you.

0 Likes
etitek
Adept II

At 16GB, I set USE_RAMDISK = false to hang up the system. Lunuxa with Ubuntu ubuntu 17.04.

0 Likes
synthor
Adept II

Live from cd or stick? I ran out of memory with my first Ubuntu 17.10 beta2 test. Installed it onto ssd and ran into segfaults then.

0 Likes
raydude
Elite

etitek wrote:

Hi, I got a new processor and I still have a problem with the stability of the program hangs. I have ruled the bones to have some problems. I now have a strange problem. As I test kill-ryzen.sh after a few hours of testing it hangs my whole computer and I am not able to do anything. Can it be tested in a way that does not clutter the 32GB frame and hang the system?

chmod a + x kill-ryzen.sh

./kill-ryzen.sh

Are you running the latest BIOS for your motherboard?

Are you running BIOS defaults?

0 Likes
etitek
Adept II

PRIME X370-PRO,

PRIME X370-PRO BIOS 0902

Update AGESA 1.0.0.6B

0 Likes
raydude
Elite

Did you test with BIOS defaults?

Also, what supply do you have?

0 Likes
red_dream
Adept II

"In other news, After three weeks of downtime, my computer now has it's replacement CPU."

Well, its almost three weeks downtime here too. Really a bit frustrating

0 Likes
pjssilva
Adept III

Hello,

I think I have a final follow up about the Segfaults in my processor. It works reliably in auto with the memory at 2100MHz. I can also achieve stability with the memory using XMP 2 profile (2400MHz) if I increase its voltage to 1.3V and SOC to 1.05V.

However my processor still suffers from the freeze when idle. For the first time since the RMAed processor arrived I left it idle during the weekend (since I stopped testing for segfault). I arrived today at work and found the computer frozen. It did not recognize the mouse and keyboard anymore and I had to force a reboot. I believe this is another problem that may be solved disabling C6 state. I have just disable it in the BIOS and I will see if the freezes also go away.

0 Likes
etitek
Adept II

Hi, I think I've found the link to my problems with vegas and other programs. Ryzen 7 1700X is not compatible with MSI R9 280X. After replacing the GTX 1050TI slower one of the problems has subsided but I am still in the testing phase so I will write if the compatibility problem is 100%

0 Likes