cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

paulthecarman
Journeyman III

Games won't use my GPU shared memory - RX 460

I own a Dell Inspiron 5576 gaming, specs here: Dell Inspiron 15 5576 Gaming Specs - CNET

For some reason, none of my games will use any of my shared GPU memory. For example, when playing Fallout 4, in the Task Manager I see that my dedicated GPU usage (512 MB) is being completely used. However my shared GPU usage (3.7 GB) never gets above just 0.1 GB of usage. Because of this, I'm not getting nearly the performance I can observe in YouTube videos in other people's systems with the same graphics card! Is there anything I can do to change this?

0 Likes
9 Replies
paulthecarman
Journeyman III

It's been two weeks since I asked this question. Am I going to get any help at all?

0 Likes

If nobody has had the same issue...don't expect a reply. This is a user to user forum. You can contact AMD with your issue > Email Form

0 Likes

I was under the impression this was monitored by the AMD team, sorry. Thanks for providing the link to where I can actually get help, though.

0 Likes

yes...it is monitored by the AMD team...to enforce Forum rules and keep the trolls away. Otherwise:

OFFICIAL TERMS OF USE

This is a user to user English language only Support Forum. Information or opinions contained in any posts are those solely of the user making the post and are in no way validated by, or the opinions of, AMD, including our moderators. Use of any information on this board is done so AT YOUR OWN RISK and all information is provided "AS IS" and without any warranty, express or implied. While we may at time respond to posts, AMD makes no warranties or claims regarding the validity of any information posted by users on this board.

0 Likes

You might look at this support page as you may not be utilizing the better graphics support you have if you are not using the correct settings.

Configuring Laptop Switchable Graphics on a Windows® Based System

0 Likes

Sorry for the late reply. I took a look, and none of the suggested things fixed the issue.

On another note, I noticed that while my GPU shared memory does not ever get above 30%, my CPU usage is at 100% constantly as I'm playing demanding games. Does this mean my system is being bottlenecked by my CPU? If that is the case, I highly question the intelligence of whoever designed my laptop and put in a processor that holds back the GPU.

0 Likes

It sure sounds plausible but I don't know for sure. If you open a support ticket with AMD they may be able to assist better. Their level of help seems to be hit and miss at times but it sure can't hurt to ask. The link: Email Form

0 Likes

basically uninstall all of your amd drivers the proceed to the dell support page for the 15 5576 and continue to download and install the graphics card drive provided by dell do not download driver updates from the amd website for some reason they do not recognise the dedicated card only the integrated r7 graphics this is all i did and now i can sit on 60fps max graphics settings on league of legends compared to the 30fps on the lowest settings possible 

0 Likes
wonder
Journeyman III

I have the same problem but i have a 560 

0 Likes