cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Justdontcare
Journeyman III

Games warn me about outdated Drivers even tho I have them updated

I recently got a RX6600 and it all went smooth . I installed the most recent diver and the Adrenalin software seems to confirm it.

But when i boot up games like doom eternal or r6 the games warn me about outdated drivers .

I have tried to use DDu and installed different version , used the auto detect tool , updated with the Adrenalin tool and reinstalled with the windows defender , firewall and antivirus software turned off , but the problem still persists .

I get fps drop in games like hell blade and recently i started getting on r6 .

Can somebody please help me?

0 Likes
6 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

So... Which driver version do you have?

Win11 sometimes "updates" drivers on top of what you have and this does not always work, so you might have to go in to settings and disable this feature, then perhaps even DDU your current drivers and install proper ones from AMD.

DDU: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

AMD drivers: https://www.amd.com/en/support

0 Likes

I have the 22.11.1 the most recent one and i still use use windows 10 but i will dig on the settings

0 Likes

After installing a graphics driver, before trying to boot the game, be sure to restart your machine so driver can be installed all the way.

Latest drivers expect to be used with OS's with all the updates installed, so make sure your Windows is fully updated, chipset drivers too...

After installing a game, sometimes it is enough if you restart the your computer after installing the game.

Someone did say though, that Apex Legends breaks AMD's drivers if you play it. If you have it, uninstall it, DDU drivers and reinstall. From what he mentioned, that is the only way to fix that issue.

0 Likes

Well i have tried that minus the uninstall the game part and still doesn't work.

And i never played apex legends

0 Likes

Look in Device Manager / display....does it say AMD or Microsoft basic?

0 Likes
Justdontcare
Journeyman III

Well since i am not a native English speaker , i struggle to translate is this the problem?

it's under graphics card.

Justdontcare_1-1668902124318.png

0 Likes