cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Derk04
Adept I

Games stuttering on RX 6800 until restart

Ever since I updated to Adrenaline 21.4.1 I have needed to restart windows to get normal framerates in games without stuttering. I have tested several games including Forza Horizon 4, Rainbow Six: Siege, and Call of Duty Modern Warfare/Warzone. Using the Radeon Software performance metrics I notice that the power draw for the card is always unusually low when the stuttering occurs. This causes the GPU clock speeds an usage to spike and dip suddenly. The only workaround I have found is restarting the system, but this is only temporary as the issue reoccurs. Is this a driver level issue or is there something I need to fix myself?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Sounds to me like it could be a local system issue. Perhaps you have an app or something that is running in the background and using up system resources. 

0 Likes

What would be the best way to check for something using that many system resources?

0 Likes

Process monitor should reveal anything using resources when it shouldn't. 

Process Monitor - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs

0 Likes

I found a bit of a work around. I went back to driver ver. 21.3.2 and the issue seems to have stopped. What could have changed between ver. 21.3.2 and these newer driver versions to cause this?

I'm not sure, but glad you found a workaround. You can try the next driver when it becomes available. 

0 Likes