Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kajo_cro
Journeyman III

Games minimizing automatically

Hello, 

I have a problem with playing games on my PC. First of all, excuse me if I have posted this in the wrong board, but I didn't know which board to choose. 

Let me explain everything from the beginning (sorry for the long post): 

So my PC configuration is: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

GPU: Ati Radeon RX580 (8GB)

RAM: 8GB

Asrock motherboard, not sure which model tbh. 

Anyway, I am using Windows 10 Pro, everything is updated since I always use all new updates on my system, for Windows, GPU, etc. Also, I have done a clean Windows installation several times to fix this problem and it seems that nothing works. Also, I would like to mention that I am using BitDefender Internet Security if this might be some kind of problem. 

I am playing my games via the Steam platform (Destiny 2) and via the Origin platform (Battlefront 2). Everything is installed correctly, with no cracks or something like that. Everything on my system is 100% legit. 

However, here comes my problem. It seems that my games are automatically minimized to desktop and whatever I do doesn't seem to fix the problem. 

I want to say immediately that I am using a Dell 4K monitor, but I play my games on full HD resolution (1920x1080) because of a better and more stable frame rate. When I set my game resolution to 4K problem doesn't occur. As soon as I put it to full HD, games are automatically minimized. 

What I have tried until now: 

Open the minimized game and keep clicking the middle of my screen which might help the game stay full screen. It doesn't help. I tried several fresh windows installations, it didn't help. The last thing that I tried, I installed Windows again but this time I didn't install Ati Radeon drivers. I thought that drivers might be a problem so I just had drivers for GPU that are installed automatically via Windows. It helped. But not for long. Games worked okay for several days, but they started to minimize again. I have checked if some additional software was installed automatically from Ati Radeon, but no. Nothing new installed. I checked my system for viruses, etc, nothing. 

I have contacted Windows support about this, they told me that this is not Windows problem since I have tried reinstalling Windows. I am not sure who to contact now. I think it might be a driver problem, but I am not sure, and that’s why I am contacting you now.

I do not know what to do here. Any ideas on how to continue? Please help! Feel free to ask if you need any additional info! 

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
3 Replies
X2McNazzty
Journeyman III

same issue, my game minimizes randomly when ever it want and it make me wanna through my pc out the window  

0 Likes

For me some games are minimizing it self only on fullscreen mostly CoD Warzone

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

GPU: AMD Radeon 560 (4GB)

RAM: 16GB 3.200Hz HyperX Fury

And i can only play normally on Fullscreen Boredless

0 Likes
Banfiesta
Journeyman III

Hello I am also struggling with that issue, did any of You managed to fix it? This is driving me crazy.

0 Likes