cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

richardgere
Adept I

Games freezing

Hello. I'm experiencing freezes while gaming. It doesn't matter which game it is, freezing is the same on all of them. There is no strict interval in-between freezing. Sometimes I can play the game for about 40 minutes without freezing, other times it freezes about 10 times in 20 minutes of gameplay. I don't have any problems when not playing games.

This started happening ever since I upgraded to AMD RX 560 4GB and putting 1 TB HDD.

Precise description of the problem: While playing games, they suddenly freeze with no indications to it. They freeze for about 20-30 seconds then they go black screen and crash to desktop (it's something like an "alt-tab"). Game is still running, I can hear sound from the background, I can even control characters (I can move and shoot in CS GO), but I can only see desktop and I am unable to return to the game. When I click on the process (game) in taskbar, nothing appears and I have to kill the process in Task Manager. I can experience BSODs, but only rarely.

Things I've tried so far:
-Clean install of Windows 10
-Clean install of GPU drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller
-CPU, GPU, RAM 100% stress test for hours
-Replacing CPU fan, case fan, thermal paste on both CPU and GPU (I thought overheating was causing my problem)
-Making sure Windows and drivers are up to date
-Replacing RAM
-Commands such as /SFC scannow, DISM etc.
-My friend played games at his place and had no problems (he connected his HDD and played games) but the moment I tried playing at home it froze.

-Tried it with another PSU

PC Specifications:
Operating System: Windows 10 PRO 64-bit

BIOS Date: 10/07/2011 15:05:28
  BIOS Version: 04.06.04
CPU: Intel Core i5 2310 @ 2.90GHz Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1333 MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard: Intel Corporation DH67CL (LGA1155)
GPU: 4096MB ATI Radeon RX 560 Series (ATI)
Storage: 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EARS-00MVWB0 ATA Device (SATA )
Power Supply Unit: Antec EarthWatts EA-500D (500W Max.)
Monitor: ASUS VA249HE 24"

Current GPU Driver: 19.12.2 

Note that I haven't changed anything in AMD Radeon Software settings. Everything is default. I don't have much knowledge in setting that up.
I really have no idea what else to do. My friend had absolutely 0 freezes when playing games on his HDD. Is my HDD too slow, or is it something wrong with the GPU?

0 Likes
12 Replies