cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

padcc
Journeyman III

Games crashing after latest driver update

Last month i bought a Ryzen 3600 + MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX + 16 GB Ram and slotted a borrowed R9 290 Direct CU II 4GB,my system ran great until yesterday when i updated my drivers,now i cant play any game (Witcher 3,Subnautica,Outer Wilds) for more than 15 mins without getting my PC frozen,some games stay frozen other give me a black screen after a min or so.Strangely COD:WZ and Heartstone run fine .I tried unistalling drivers with DDU in safe mode,tried uninstalling lastest windows updates,disabled radeon overlay,nothing seems to work. It makes no sense at all. Any suggestions would be greatly apreciated.

0 Likes
2 Replies
SofiaBonez
Adept III

@padcc  Since you did the DDU and your still having the issue I would first report it to AMD then I would do the DDU again and go back to a driver that was working you previously before this one.

There are a lot of people on YouTube having issues with this driver here's the link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMXE3N8y2b8&lc=UgwADZz65O9SXY5p1i54AaABAg.9MPGyfje6-H9MQHiHcJpfs

0 Likes

Well today i tried using the AMD Cleanup tool and reverted back to 21.2.2 , set graphics to Standard , disabled overlays and all that stuff , and i could play Outerwilds for a good 30 mins just fine. I will continue to test and update here.

0 Likes