Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lukasstrobel
Adept I

Games crashes prior to loading and intermittent black screens 5700 XT

So hello to all People that wanna help me or do have the same Problem,

my Problem is, that when I startsome games e.g Rainbow Six Siege or Ghost Recon Breakpoint either the game crashes even before it starts or i have blackscreens sometimes just for seconds, sometimes it stays and to only Thing i can do is to Restart my PC. These issues are somehow just at a few games like R6 or Ghost Recon. My Temperatures of CPU and GPU are normel while gaming and non of my components is overclocked. 

My System:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 with box cooling 

GPU: XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT thic iii

RAM: G.skill 16 GBdual ram 3200

1 Samsung m2 Ultra ssd with 240 GB just for my operating System 

1 WD Blue 2 TB 

Mainboard: ASRock B450m Pro4 

Power supply: Bequiet straight power 11 650W

0 Likes
1 Solution
super_breizh
Adept I

The only thing that ended my problems with most games was to set the games to borderless window instead of full screen, maybe you can try that

View solution in original post

9 Replies
super_breizh
Adept I

The only thing that ended my problems with most games was to set the games to borderless window instead of full screen, maybe you can try that

Mh okay i´m gonna try this 

0 Likes

Thanks man I think that solved my Problem. Thank you some much.

Thanks for the feedback. Once you've have time to test this suggestion, please could you mark the post correct to help other users?

0 Likes
buzz
Journeyman III

What driver version are you using?

0 Likes

So the Version of my gpu Driver is the newest it´s 20.2.1

0 Likes
rainingtacco
Challenger

What is your display? I have theory that AMD GPU works horribly with some displays. 

Can you install CRU[custom resolution utility] and show the data for your resolution and refresh rate? 

0 Likes

So my Display is the MSI optix mag241c. okay i´m gonna do this and send you these data. 

0 Likes
viventis
Adept I

Some 5700 XT cards cause crashes in certain games when using the newer drivers.  There is an 80+ page discussion of this in the forum.  The best solution is to roll back your drivers to an older version.  The most votes are for 19.12.1.