cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Re: game sttuttering even freesync on

Don't you read what I wrote? FreeSync requires high hertz values to work properly. When the monitor does not have high hertz, it will stutter around 50FPS. Because FreeSync will be out of range. It's irrelevant that the consoles are doing well with 30 hertz. Please do not fill in this page with more unnecessary information.

msajid
Adept II

why i will ask you "why freesync doesn't magically make your computer output 200fps.. then well I don't have an answer for you sorry." i know about freesync is if my game gets 62 fps the monitor will give 62 hz or if i get 50fps my monitor will give 50hz etc.That is all i know about freesync.Anyway but thanks for inform all of this

0 Likes
msajid
Adept II

thanx for informing this.Things are now clear for me.so, it happening is my monitor is 75hz but if i get 50 fps the hz will double to 100hz but my monitor can't do that because it is 75hz that the lag happens.Is it?

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

If the driver is showing this trend, the answer to your question will be yes.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-3-4 
Try this driver. First remove the old drivers with DDU in Windows safe mode. See if there is any improvement. If there is improvement, notify AMD with this... https://www.amd.com/tr/support/contact-email-form 
As I wrote before...
Note: You should try a game that does not fall below 40FPS to test healing. Also use FRTC and cap the FPS to 60 or 70.

msajid
Adept II

ok i will try and let you know but why you suggesting me old version of this software?

eccentric
Adept III

Forgot to mention, you will often get stuttering or an occasional black screen for a second if you are gaming in 4k and you set the monitor hz refresh rate to 60! 60 is actually slightly over 60 being 60.4hz or something but HDMI 2.0b bandwidth can only fit under 60hz max so you need to set 59.964 or whatever for the hz rate at 4k with a hdmi 2.0b cable for example. Even if you are using display port you may be setting it to highest hz possible but the cables and standards may not support it.

0 Likes
msajid
Adept II

i use LG22MP68VQ 1080p monitor with hdmi 2.0.if i turn on freesync from monitor setting the refresh rate turn into 75hz from 60hz

0 Likes
rawintellect
Challenger

What release of the driver are you on? I know there was an invalid "ChillEnabled" registry key that was causing stuttering due to chill flipping on and off even when you think you have it toggled off. update to 19.10.2 because they have fixed this registry key in the latest release.

0 Likes
msajid
Adept II

i am using 19.10.2

0 Likes
eccentric
Adept III

Enhanced sync removes the display cap limit on FPS and using chill means you can set targets to keep your FPS limited to a range and it works far better than using a “capped target” as capping FPS can sometimes cause stuttering but using chill is far less likely to.

Using a frame limit cap together with chill can cause stuttering too so either use one or the other in general. Ensure fps caps are disabled in your games as often they will conflict with chill or with enhanced sync and such and try to avoid using FRTC as if the game engine has a cap and they both try to cap it can cause issues too.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

0 Likes