cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

synapsedrider
Journeyman III

Game - Deceit Crashes or reboots my system

Cannot play my favorite game using the latest non-beta driver, it's called deceit. It either crashes or my system reboots around 10 seconds - 5 minutes into gameplay. Fans also wont turn on on gpu and it reaches 70-75c at idle. Please help.

0 Likes
13 Replies
synapsedrider
Journeyman III

please anyone?? ive tried every driver i saw recommended online

0 Likes

Do you have any hardware monitoring or gpu control software installed such as afterburner?  Have you tried installing the driver without Radeon settings? It's possible your fan is simply broken. 

0 Likes

Brand new GPU bro, fans only turn on if I set it to run at at least 40% on all temps. And I don't want to do it and burn them out so I'm just being careful to turn it off for a while until this bug is fixed, once it gets hot :/

Also, I use Afterburner and things and even with it uninstalled it doesn't work so I reinstalled it but I haven't OC'd yet just using it for monitoring.

Also, I don't know how to get just the driver.

0 Likes

When you install the driver you can custom install and de-select Radeon settings.  It seems to me you are creating this problem by messing with the fan profiles.  I would absolutely uninstall Afterburner, its been known to cause issues, and refrain from using monitoring software.  Also you should DDU in safe mode, reinstall 19.10.1 with Ethernet unplugged and anti-virus off. Your fans won't burn out they're built to spin. 

Finally, if you want help from the community you should put a bit more effort into your posts and a bit less bro.

0 Likes

I find what you just said INSANELY rude.

My slang is how I grew up, it's how I was taught English, and I won't change for you.. this is an informal forum. Rude.

Furthermore, a bit more effort? I don't know what else I would need to tell you, or clearly I would state it because I need help... Rude.

Regardless, just clean uninstalled and only got the driver, uninstalled RTSS and Afterburner too. Will try again and let you know. Thank you.

0 Likes

Doesn't work.

0 Likes

afterburner works for my box with an rx 480 on it

0 Likes

Unfortunately the newer cards have lots of driver bugs right now

0 Likes

synapsedrider wrote:

Unfortunately the newer cards have lots of driver bugs right now

That is true to some extent but a fresh install can rule out issues

try a spare disk and a fresh install and see if that works

0 Likes

whoops i just accidentally emailed a reply thinking it was the support replying to me by email

anyways ive tried it all, it wont work

0 Likes

synapsedrider wrote:

whoops i just accidentally emailed a reply thinking it was the support replying to me by email

anyways ive tried it all, it wont work

you may need to use DDU and experiment with various drivers

0 Likes

been there done that, been scammed $415 by amd for a card that wont let me play any games except roblox with 3-10 bsods a day

messaged support and they just copy+pasted the same message they send everybody, telling me to do the same things i told them i already tried

0 Likes

synapsedrider wrote:

been there done that, been scammed $415 by amd for a card that wont let me play any games except roblox with 3-10 bsods a day

messaged support and they just copy+pasted the same message they send everybody, telling me to do the same things i told them i already tried

I see I am not the only cynic here. About the only suggestion is to use another card or maybe check the RAM timing as I do know Radeon cards are more sensitive to DDR4 timing

Try a more relaxed timing such as default of maybe CL16 and try CL17 or CL18 which are less likely to be a problem.

0 Likes