cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bazzed
Adept II

Game crash Warzone 5700XT (Game rendering bad and stutters)

After last update of warzone my game crashes

Sometimes when im playing, it stops rendering good and start seeing everything bad, lags come, game crash.

And sometimes i can play like 5 games without any problems

0 Likes
35 Replies

Need your system specs like CPU, RAM, Motherboard, BIOS, OS, GPU, PSU etc.

bazzed
Adept II

Specs:

MB: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX (Bios 3.50)

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

PSU: Sharkoon WPM Gold 650w

RAM: Corsair vengeance RGB Pro 3200

SSD: M.2 Kingston A2000

Windows 10 pro

Its only after the last update of warzone. 

Before that it runs great.

pain1993
Adept I

Have the same issue:
Specs:

- PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 750W;
- MB: MSI B350 PC Mate
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz/16MB;
- RAM: 2 x HyperX DDR-4 2666 8gb;
- GPU: PowerColor PCI-Ex Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Devil;
- SSD: Samsung 970 Evo series 250GB M.2 PCIe 3.0;
- HD: Seagate Desktop HDD 7200.14 1TB 7200rpm 64MB.

Amd drivers: 20.3.1

bazzed
Adept II

Used Relive drivers 20.4.1 

Then i DDU and used 20.2.2, still the same issues

Which GPU 5700XT model please?
Can you point to the GPU specification on the manufacturer website?
Thank you.

0 Likes

Sorry, Sapphire Radeon 5700 XT Pulse

Thanks.
If you go to the Manufacturer website spec you will see the GPU Base / Game and Boost Clock specifications for your GPU.. 
If you download the very latest version of TechPowerUp GPUz it should report the Game Clock that is set in VBIOS.
TechPowerUp GPU-Z (v2.30.0) Download | TechPowerUp
Then if you do DDU in safe mode diconnected from the internet + Factory Reset install of the latest Adrenalin 2020 20.4.1. Driver. Then reconnect to internet. 
Open the Performance Tuning  Advanced options for your GPU you will likely see that the Peak Clock for that GPU is set far too high above the GPU specification.
Please do those checks and report back here with Summary / Screenshots.
Thanks.

Videokaart1.jpgVideokaart2.jpgVideokaart3.jpgVideokaart4.jpg

That was before the DDU, below after DDU.

AfterDDU1.jpgAfterDDU2.jpgAfterDDU3.jpgAfterDDU4.jpg

Thank you.
Can you please then click on "Handmatig", expand all of the advanced tabs and take screenshots showing the Frequequency Voltage Curve?
I have to go out now I will try to respond later.
Thanks again.

Afstemming1.jpg

Okey, take your time. Allready appreciate your help !

Thanks!

0 Likes

Played yesterday 2 games without problems. Will testing tonight further.

0 Likes

Sorry for the delay.

In TechPowerUp GPUz .
===================
The Default Clock (= The Game Clock)  reported by TechPowerUp GPUz  matches the GPU Specification of 1815 MHz.
The Boost Clock reported by TechPowerUp GPUz  matches the GPU Specification of  1925 MHz.

That is good news.

In Adrenalin 2020 settings.
=====================
The Boost Clock in the curve is 2075 MHz yet the GPU Specification is Boost Clock = 1925MHz.
That is a delta of 2075-1925 = +150MHz from specification.

That looks too high to me.

If you do get crashing try dropping the Boost Clock in the Frequency down to 1925MHz and see if that stops problems. 

You might want to check which BIOS Postion you have.

Thanks.

No problem, i will test it!

Thank you very much for your help!

0 Likes

Damn, keeps crashing. Even with the lower frequency

0 Likes

What happened to "Played yesterday 2 games without problems. Will testing tonight further."?

I dont know, now its like after 2 min in game it crashes..

0 Likes

Are you sure you have mno other processes running in the background like antivirus software etc?

0 Likes

I closed everything, and it still crashes

0 Likes

If you checed Task Manager Porcesses and CPU Utilization - nothing unusual?

OK - The Game is Call of Duty : Warzone?

Please confirm and please provide a screenshot of your exact Graphics Settings. 

Is there a mode you can run the game in which does not rely on Network performance - like a single player tutorial mode or vs bots?

I am can take a quick look at how the game is performing on RX Vega 64 Liquid which performs ~ same as RX5700XT.

Please send me the info if you want me to try running this.

Bye.

0 Likes

Settings1.jpgSettings2.jpgSettings3.jpg

These are my settings. Yesterday i played just a multiplayer (20min) game and that was fine.. Then i switched to warzone and it crashes after 2 min.

OK thanks for the info.

mickeekung
Challenger

If you already do all of things but black screen still appear, you can try this method. It's working for me

Final solution to fix black screen and freeze without  down AMD software to 19.xx. (using MSI afterb... 

I just tested the game running on RX Vega 64 Liquid at 4K with every Graphics setting  maxed out with the GPU run in balanced mode.
I am running Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 GUI/UI with Adrenalin 20.3.1 drivers at the moment.
No GPU driver crash yet but I did see this after gaming for 45 minutes.

pastedImage_1.png
Here are the settings used:
pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_4.png
pastedImage_5.png
pastedImage_6.png

I will set desktop resolution to 2K and use your exact settings next.

accn
Elite

Many different people with completely different system configurations + rx 5700 series gpu are experiencing the same problems. Sometimes the system is stable for several days, sometimes crashes happen one by one, and I'm not even sure if it depends on a particular game. It seems to me that some process in the OC occurs periodically that initiates a conflict with the gpu driver, and a black screen occurs. It doesn’t depend on whether the video card or other PC components are overclocked or not. It just happens completely unpredictably and I did not find any pattern for half a year of torment

Please use the "Log to file" button on TechPowerUp GPUz when you start a game and save the log file to your desktop.

That log file can be imported into Microsoft Excel to produce graph of key GPU parameters.
That way you could post a series of Graphs to show what is happenig on the GPU before a crash.

0 Likes

Okey, ill test it, i got exactly the same rendering as you in the first picture.

At the beginning it is all good, and then i got the trees like that in your first picture.

At that moment i know im fkd lol

RX Vega 64 Liquid Game freezes and Driver Crashes using your settiings at 2K. after about 15 minutes play in Multiplayer mode.

One difference - in the 4K run I used Global FRTC to limit FPS to 59 so I got no screen tear with FreeSync on. since i run with in game VSync off
The 4K Panel is only 60FPS. 
On your 2K Settings I set Adrenal;in 2019 19.12.2. GUI Global FRTC Limit to 300. Note I am still running Hybrid Driver comination of Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 GUI/UI and Adsrenalin 2020 20.3.1 drivers. so I can still set Global FRTC w/o using two Radeon Chill sliders and setting them to the same value. 
I am uploading videos now.
Crash confirmed.
.pastedImage_1.png

Think i have to wait untill the new driver update..

0 Likes

What driver are you running?
Adrenalin 2020 20.4.1?

0 Likes

Yes, also tried 20.2.2. Same issues

0 Likes

4K video. Still processing but should be available to watch in 4K soon:
Call of Duty Warzone 4K Graphics Maxed out RX Vega 74 Liquid Balanced Mode. - YouTube 

0 Likes

Here are examples running Warzone at 2K Fullscreen but otherwise using your settings.
Call of Duty Warzone test at 2K on RX Vega 64 Liquid. - YouTube 

Call of Duty Warzone test at 2K on RX Vega 64 Liquid Multiplayer. - YouTube 

Call of Duty Warzone test at 2K on RX Vega 64 Liquid Multiplayer (continued). - YouTube 

I will file an AMD Reporting Form re: Driver Crash using your exact settings  (Borderless Fullscreen with Resolution 4K and Render scale dropped to 66% for my 4K monitor).
pastedImage_4.png

0nlythebest
Adept II

Hello everyone, I recently built a gaming pc with similar specs, ryzen 5 3600, gigabyte b450 auros pro wifi, and powercolor red dragon 5700xt. I had multiple bsod (video_tdr_failure) while on google chrome. Turned off hardware acceleration and it fixed it. Then I would get random power offs, black screen then immediately restarts on its own during gaming (also warzone is pretty much all i play right now). also I got it to crash like all the time during OCCT 3d vram tests, almost every time. Anyways So eventually i read about trying to rollback to amd driver 19.12.1, so i did. And WOW NO MORE crashes so far on OCCT testing,  I even turned on hardware acceleration too and no bsod. but.. I cant even launch call of duty anymore. It just tries to connect, the game freezes then it brings me back to my desktop.. so not a bsod or pc crash/restart. something else. Anyone else had this?

0 Likes

I think it's be fixed if you update AMD software to version 20.5.1 and window 10 20H1(2004).

0 Likes

I will have access to a PowerColor Red Dragon RX5700XT for a new PC Build.
I will test it within the next week. 

0 Likes