Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ThreeDee
Paragon

FYI .. kind of .. with my screen flickering "fix"

So I run off of the Dev channel for Insider Preview Windows 11

I also do beta AMD GPU drivers

After an Insider Preview new build update .. I started getting flickering type issues on one monitor when I scrolled through videos on my secondary monitor .. also some flickering in Hunt:Showdown sometimes too that was annoying.

I thought it was the new Insider Preview build so rolled back .. still had the flickering 

Re-installed the latest beta GPU drivers ... still had flickering

My main monitor is a Samsung 27" 1440p, 144hz 4ms and my secondary is an Acer 24", 1080p, 60hz

My issue kind of seemed like a refresh rate type issue so I merely went into my display settings and changed my Samsung from 144hz to 120hz .. saved changes .. flickering went away . .then changed it back to 144hz and still no more flickering. 

It's kind of like Windows says it's a certain refresh rate, but it isn't really so just changing it and then changing it back actually sets your refresh rate to what it's supposed to be

...anyways .. I'm sure this has been posted before, but thought I'd "re" post it anyways for those that might be having some screen/video flickering going on. Not to be confused with texture flickering in games or similar though as I think that is more attributed to either drivers and/or hardware issues like heat or overclocking your GPU (or factory OC's failing)

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
0 Replies