cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Anonymous
Not applicable

Full pc freeze during Dota 2 match

full pc freeze did happen during dota 2 match and this is first time.

Last 6 months I did not have any problem like this in dota 2.

Only change is new cpu and sam enabled and I played around 20 games without problem. Dota 2 is very smooth now with new cpu.

Yesterday I did unlimit fps.

Company of heroes 3 have similar problem with full pc freez and it will happen once after around 20 games and I did contact game developers and they did confirm existence of problem and they work on fix.

My report about same problem but in company of heroes 3

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/company-of-heroes-3-system-freez/m-p/598985#M173118

5800x3d---6700xt---b450---4x8gb ram---850w psu.

radeon software v23.4.1

no cpu and gpu overclock but xmp is on and ram set to 3200mhz and I have latest drivers and agesa v1.2.0.7

Dota 2 did work with rx6700xt and ryzen 2700x and xmp on set to 3200mhz without problem for 6 months.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

For testing I done gpu oc 2700-2800mhz vram 2150  fast timings power limit +15%

3dmark, horizon zero dawn 1h, one dota 2 match and all is good.

cpu temp up to 68c wraith prism max rpm and gpu temp up to 50c and junction temp 70-73c but fans can spin faster.

0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

I get this issue. Full freeze and need hard reset. Happens on newer driver. Then I try to use previous driver and error still happen. Dunno what happens.

NOTE: I get this error when first setting  I always use cap it 120hz, but then just wanna try how it feels 144hz and get this issue and cannot gone even when I make it back to 120hz.

Workaround: Because I see now the thread about directx thing issue, so try use vulkan on Dota 2, it fix my problem.

Thanks for bring up this, I post a thread about this but not showing in the forum (maybe rejected).

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It did not happen again when playing dota 2, it did happen only 1 time.

0 Likes