Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

uspavacka
Journeyman III

Frostbite engine games stutter

Hello

I've discovered that games built on frostbite engine stutter after some time. All of these game are running on DirectX 11, all of them are fairly new. These games are Battlefield 1, Battlefield V and Need for Speed: Heat. All of them as far as I know run on the same iteration of the engine. The stuttering seems to appear at random intervals, usually lasts for about 5-20 seconds, and appears only after about 20 minutes of gaming, after that it disappears and after a random interval (10, 20 minutes) appears again and so on and so on... I have no idea what's causing this, but I suspect it's a driver issue. Anyway I would like to hear some feedback or perhaps advices how to fix this issue.

My build:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X

RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz

GPU: Sapphire RX Vega 64

PSU: Corsair RM 750X (2018)

Temperatures on both GPU and CPU are absolutelly fine (CPU is 60-65° C during gaming, GPU is 70° C) 

Dxdiag included

0 Likes
8 Replies
uspavacka
Journeyman III

Alright, I've done some testing and it seems that either Google Chrome or Steam are causing this. Extremely annoying.

0 Likes

10% windows and 90% driver faults are causing the problem

try 19.12.1 and see if that helps at all

0 Likes

I've tried it, these issues persist in all versions of drivers.

0 Likes

Guess I have left is to suggest playing another game while you await windows and driver fixes

Halo is working with no game game stopping bugs

0 Likes

As weird as it sounds, I tried to disable stuff running in the backround, previously i suspected steam or chrome may be the culprits, so I kept chrome running and everything seemed to be fine, steam wasn't running. Now this may have been just lucky coincidence, but I am starting to think that steam may be causing this. I'll do more testing and after that I'll report back.

0 Likes

uspavacka wrote:

As weird as it sounds, I tried to disable stuff running in the backround, previously i suspected steam or chrome may be the culprits, so I kept chrome running and everything seemed to be fine, steam wasn't running. Now this may have been just lucky coincidence, but I am starting to think that steam may be causing this. I'll do more testing and after that I'll report back.

Steam is comparatively stable, I have not seen issues and no reports on the forums I read.

0 Likes

When you installed the drivers, did you leave "AMD User Experience Program"? It's easy to do as it's selected by default. If you did, it can cause issues like you describe. Go to the Wattman panel and check...if you did, choose 'Leave the program'.

0 Likes

No, I'm not in the program.

0 Likes