cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dustowl
Journeyman III

From 17.12.2 to 17.50.02? Where this come from?

Hi there. I'm kind a new here but i do have issue about AMD driver update. It all start that when my game crashed, it show these error say thread stuck in the device driver(which it want me to update driver in Device Manager) and restart itself. So after that.... i went to Device Manager, go to display adapter, and i update the driver. After i update the driver, the AMD Radeon Settings won't open after the updated. So, i went to reinstall the driver and it show my current AMD driver version now is 17.50.02. So, idk why it is 17.50.02 but i have put the picture for what i mean....

This is before:

Screenshot (2).png

Display Adapter in Device Manager(Before)

Screenshot (4).png

This is after:

Screenshot (8).png

Display Adapter in Device Manager(After)

Screenshot (6).png

So please help because i couldn't open my AMD Radeon Settings with this new version unless i have to uninstall and reinstall it.

0 Likes
5 Replies

AMD changed naming schemes, not a problem.

0 Likes

AMD Radeon Settings not opening seems like a problem

0 Likes

Click the Clean Install option in the installer.

0 Likes
benchart
Adept III

17.50.2 It is the driver version.
There is a difference between the package that you download (17.12.2) and the driver version (17.50.2)

If the radeon settings don't open try the clean install method, or if that also don't work, try using DDU.
Cheers

17.12.2 = year. month. driver number(for the month). easier to keep track of if your up to date.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes