-reinstalling windows10/11
-DDU on win10/11 OS
-older drivers
-underclocking
-reducing power
-increasing power
-increasing voltage
-decreasing voltage
The card is crashing as soon I put any game or stress test on it, this symptoms accrued 3 days ago.
This card was cleaned regularly (dusted on a monthly basis)
The temps do not rise above 65C
Can you please advice me on what to do in this situation?
All the best
George
0 Likes
6 Replies

Make & Model of your PSU, Motherboard, CPU etc.

Could be either a PSU issue, under powered or going bad PSU, or possibly a RAM going bad issue.

Run OCCT PSU Test and see if it crashes as soon as it starts. Or just start OCCT and click on "Monitor" and check your PSU outputs first and during the PSU test. Do the same while running the CPU and GPU tests.

XFX recommends a 500 Watt PSU but the minimum PSU it requires is a 450 Watt PSU.

Make sure you have 2 separate PSU to GPU Power cables connecting to the GPU card and not a Split Cable.

I have a 750 80+ gold psu (did a cable stich with the other spare from the psu)

Did ram tests (no errors)

Did CPU test (no errors)

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600x (temps 55C max)

MBO Gigabyte A520m Aorus Elite

RAM ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 32GB 3200Mhz

Open case (temps no higher than 65C)

Thanks for the update but what do you mean by "did a cable stich with the other spare from the psu"

The psu arrived with 2 gpu cables

Try using OCCT to stress test your CPU, GPU, and PSU.

First do the GPU test and then the CPU test. If both tests doesn't crash within 10-15 minutes then do the PSU test and see if it crashes.

If it does it might indicate a issue with your PSU but it could also be another hardware issue.

That is why you need to keep an eye on CPU & GPU Temps, Fan speeds, and especially PSU Outputs (3.3/5.0/12.0 Vdc.)

All the outputs should be within 5% tolerances. The 12 Vdc minimum should be 11.4 Vdc. anything lower and your PSU is not outputting the proper amount of voltage. Same for the 3.3 and 5.0 voltages.

0 Likes

The gpu test crashed in the first 15 sec.. the cpu is ok still runs ok.

0 Likes