cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ToofySpooder
Adept I

Fresh Install Of Windows 11 Not Installing, Missing Drivers?

Hello All,

I am trying to install a fresh Windows 11 and immediately into the install I get an error that a media driver is missing.

After some troubleshooting I believe this to be the AMD chipset drivers. I have tried all the MB drivers and none of them resolve the issue. I ran “wmic path win32_pnpentity where "Status != 'OK'" getdeviceid,status,service” and that’s how I came to that conclusion.

I downloaded the AMD chipset drivers, but how do I utilize them when they are in an exe and I need them during that installation wizard/assistant.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I also have screenshot if needed for troubleshooting.

8 Replies

Plug usb stick into usb 2 port (not usb 3)? 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I have tried multiple USB sticks, both USB2 and USB3.1. Multiple ports also, both USB3 and USB2, and both through the CPU controller and the chipset controller and nothing so far has resolved the issue.

This is the output on what drivers are missing, I have loaded the ones I can get but still need to get the AMD Chipset ones somehow. Without a windows computer as I don't have access to one currently.

acpi\amdif031                AMD GPIO 3 Controller
acpi\amdi0052               AMD GPIO 2
ven_1022&dev_790b     AMD SMBus
ven_1002&dev_164E     AMD Radeon
ven_10EC&dev_8125    Realtek Net
ven_14C3&DEV_0616   MediaTek Wi-Fi
ven_1022&dev_1649    AMD PSP Device
vid_0e8d&pid_0616     MediaTek Bluetooth
vid_046d&pid_c229     Logitech HID

0 Likes

is it possible to upload the Windows 11 Installation error when it occurs on your Desktop or is this a laptop PC?

0 Likes

This is what the error reads:

Load driver

A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now.

Note: If the installation media for Windows is in the DVD drive or on a USB drive, you can safely remove it for this step

0 Likes

Hi - thanks for the response but the suggestions don’t fix the problem for me.

wondering if anyone has found a working fix for this issue. Many people seem to be struggling with this issue online but no solid fixes for AMD.

anyone have driver files, a .exe isn’t much help before windows is installed!

0 Likes
Watcher2
Journeyman III

Hello 

I had the same problem and none of the fixes didn't work for me either

But I used ventoy to bootable my USB drive  and it worked perfectly give it a try

Thanks, worked for me also! Seems like ventoy creates its own filesystem inside of the stick with bootloaders and all. What a great program!