Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Rhaine
Adept I

Freeze PC / Black Screen / Flickering on my Radeon 6600 with 23.4.3 update

Hi,

I need some help with my GPU. When i try to update my driver to 23.4.3, a lot of troubles comes. When i'm playing a video game like Dead Island 2, my pc just freeze and i'm unable to do something.

I also have some black screen which appear on some randoms moment, not only during gaming sessions for 1-2sec. Some sluttering , and some grey/orange squares appears on screen like flickering when i'm watching a video on youtube or twitch, during few sec which set on 30-40% of the screen.

I checked all of my components CPU/PUS/RAM/Motherboard, tested all of them : no errors detected. I also try all of the fix which i saw on forums like the ULPS fix, or the MOP one, nothing happened, try to install AMD Pro edition instead of AMD Adrelanin, same result.

So, i tried to rollback the driver to the 23.2.2 version, with the rollback, all of this disappear, and i can play gamen,watch video without all of this freezes and crash.  The problem is the driver 23.4.3 clearly.

Do I need to wait the next driver, or there is a solution to resolve it ? It's a quite annoying if i want to play new game which come like Diablo 4.

0 Likes
2 Replies
matthew7
Journeyman III

There are lots of threads recently about similar problems with the 23.4.3 drivers.  I rolled back to 22.11.2 since that is the last stable driver I could find.  Read the forums for the last week, you will find lots of people in a similar situation.

As for playing D4, it runs just fine with the 22.11.2 driver (I played all three D4 pre-release weekends with the 22.11.2 driver).  Generally it is good to keep your drivers up to date, but so far this year it seems AMD is prioritizing some fixes over regression testing, and releasing a broken driver is ok by them.

I'm sure this driver is a hard piece of software to work on, which is why we should *NOT* be seeing releases every two to three weeks.  That is just knee-jerk updates, which according to the laws of Murphy and software development, will always break something else.

0 Likes

So the only way is just wait a better driver for AMD ? It will come around 2 or 3 weeks maybe ?

0 Likes