cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

indextm
Adept II

Freeze at startup ( dxgkrnl.sys / 0x3b / LiveKernelEvent 1a1 and 141 ) RX Vega 56 - Windows 10

I had a freeze two days ago (14.09) when starting Windows and then in a game (PC hung up, still image but the sound worked) and an error message from Radeon Software that different versions are installed. So I could not open the Radeon Software.

The faulty Radeon version was probably version (20.8.3 Optional) from 09.09.2020. After I uninstalled the version by Windows repair in safe mode with amdcleanuputility, I reinstalled the version (20.8.3 Optional) from 09.09.2020 and had no errors until today.

But this morning (16.09) I had another freeze on boot and a message in the Windows Reliability Monitoring: AMD Crash Defender Service not working anymore > APPCRASH > amdfendrsr.exe > WERInternalMetadata.xml

I uninstalled the Radeon software again in safe mode with amdcleanuputility and tried the version (20.4.2 Recommended (WHQL) from 26.05.2020. During installation the screen went black and a short time later Windows rebooted. After that I had again the error with freezing when starting Windows. 

I uninstalled the Radeon software again in safe mode with amdcleanuputility and let Windows install the graphics driver with Windows Update. Now he has installed "Advanced Micro Device" Version 26.20.12028.2 from 15.08.2019. With this driver I don't get any more freeze when starting Windows. Under optional updates he offers me an update to version 26.20.13002.133 from 26.08.2019.

0 Likes
30 Replies