cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wah123
Adept I

Freesync not working / stutter on 19.12.2

I am currently using a HDMI Freesync LG 22MP68 75hz monitors, and after the upgrade to 19.12.2, the freesync is not working anymore or driver have stuttering issue.

I was running arround in the tradeyard area of monster hunter world and noticed some massive stuttering when my fps went down to 59 - 60 which is still well within the freesync range.

Rolling back to 19.12.1 fixed the freesync issue and eliminate the massive stuttering that happen in the same area when my fps dropped to 59 - 60 which confirm that the freesync is indeed working with this version of driver.

I am using 5700 XT,  the game is running in borderless windowed mode, freesync is set to ON at game profile and display profile.

5 Replies

Same problem here, using a Displayport LG 29WK600 75Hz monitor, 19.12.2 WHQL driver, RX5700 XT and Windows 10 build 1903. Playing games with vsync on+freesync on totally freezes the game, while vsync off+freesync on results in heavy stuttering. I can play only disabling freesync.

0 Likes
capybarasan
Journeyman III

I'm in exactly the same situation. FreeSync monitor at 75hz with a 5700 XT and Monster Hunter World stutters terribly under 19.12.2. I reinstalled 19.12.1 and it worked perfectly fine.

akeeller
Adept II

I have a 75Hz monitor and a Vega 64.

I have stutter when the Radeon Anti-Lag feature is enabled and/or when the metrics overlay is active.

0 Likes
wah123
Adept I

Hi, i was able to get it smoothness back by pressing alt + enter twice while playing MH World still on borderless mode, cycling between windowed and borderless with alt + enter seems to make freesync in effect again, you should try this with other games that you play as i don't have any other games currently installed.

Hoping AMD will fix this bug so we don't have to cycle it with alt + enter everytime.

Just tried this and it worked! Thank you for the tip, I hope it gets fixed soon too.

0 Likes