cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

letsgoiowa
Adept I

Freesync no longer works after driver update

Problem: Freesync does not work in any driver since 19.5.2 for me.

Specs:

3700X Stock

Fury Crossfire (stock)

3200 MHz RAM on XMP profile

X370 Gaming Pro Carbon

I had zero problems with Freesync before on older drivers for the past few years. Suddenly, with any July drivers, Freesync fails to engage in any game I test it with. Yes, it is enabled in Radeon Settings. Yes, my monitor is set to the correct refresh rate. Yes, it's on in the game profile in RS.

I think it could possibly be the fault of the latest Windows feature update because I installed that, and then after a reboot, I installed the July drivers (19.7.1 at the time). I found Freesync didn't work, so I tried a few things and then rolled back to 19.5.2. Freesync worked again. I then tested .2 and .3 (those didn't work), skipped .4 because people reported the same Freesync problem, and now I'm on .5 and it still does not work whereas 19.5.2 did. I can't use 19.5.2 because I get a blue screen with the same cause every time that is resolved by newer drivers, posted here: 

On Sun 8/4/2019 1:00:45 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\080419-11968-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys (dxgkrnl+0x40D35)
Bugcheck code: 0xEA (0xFFFFCC0C4C889080, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
Bug check description: This indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

This exact crash and cause happens sporadically whenever I'm doing something lightweight, like watching YouTube, but never during games. The latest drivers appear to fix it (remains to be seen for certain). However, Freesync does not work on these drivers, and I need it fixed. 

I'm on Windows 1903 build 18362.267.

0 Likes
0 Replies