cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

machetex1
Adept I

Freesync issue windows 2004

After windows 2004 update, the freesync option does not apply, and have issues playing call of duty advanced warfare, with crashes. tried clean install, reverse drivers, and no change. must be windows 2004 and driver issues. Radeon does not identify the freesync monitor.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Make & Model of FreeSync Monitor and how is it connected to the GPU card?

From AMD FreeSync FAQ Support webpage: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/free-sync-faq 

Does AMD FreeSync™ technology work over HDMI®?

Yes, FreeSync technology has supported HDMI since its inception. Many FreeSync certified displays have supported variable refresh rate technologies over HDMI since long before HDMI 2.1 was released and HDMI VRR was adopted.  Buying a FreeSync certified display that supports FreeSync over HDMI, provides the immediate benefit of variable refresh rate, even if the display does not support HDMI 2.1.   

Will be helpful to know your computer information like Hardware Make & Model and  AMD Driver installed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Make & Model of FreeSync Monitor and how is it connected to the GPU card?

From AMD FreeSync FAQ Support webpage: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/free-sync-faq 

Does AMD FreeSync™ technology work over HDMI®?

Yes, FreeSync technology has supported HDMI since its inception. Many FreeSync certified displays have supported variable refresh rate technologies over HDMI since long before HDMI 2.1 was released and HDMI VRR was adopted.  Buying a FreeSync certified display that supports FreeSync over HDMI, provides the immediate benefit of variable refresh rate, even if the display does not support HDMI 2.1.   

Will be helpful to know your computer information like Hardware Make & Model and  AMD Driver installed.

machetex1
Adept I

The gaming issues went away after I updated drivers to the standard version, recached the game graphics.. still the freesync do not show. Maybe just aesthetic, because the games look fine.

0 Likes
machetex1
Adept I

Resetting the monitor settings did the trick.. Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

0 Likes