cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ricsboy
Adept I

FreeSync isn't working on the supported monitor and graphics card

So I bought a monitor, LG MP59HT to be exact, about a month ago. I turned on FreeSync on the monitor and it did work for a while (I have RX 460 through the HDMI cable, and they both support it)

However, as of this moment, when I posted it, it's not working for some unknown to me reason, no matter what I tried. So far I restarted both computer and monitor, turned on and off FreeSync setting on the monitor, didn't help. Any thoughts?

1 Solution
ricsboy
Adept I

Never mind, y'all, I just deleted all screen profiles in CRU and restarted it. It works right now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
qwixt
Forerunner

Do you have it enabled on monitor? Game Adjust-> Fressync menu

From manual, the requirements

• Supported Interface: HDMI.
  • Supported Graphic Card : A graphic card that supports AMD’s FreeSync is necessary.
  • Supported Version : Make sure to update the graphic card to the latest driver. For more information and requirement, refer to AMD website at http://www.amd.com/ FreeSync
  • FreeSync and 1ms Motion Blur Reduction cannot be enabled simultaneously.

Makes sure to enable it in freesync menu, and have motion blur off.

Already did.

0 Likes
ricsboy
Adept I

Never mind, y'all, I just deleted all screen profiles in CRU and restarted it. It works right now.

0 Likes

By deleting screen profiles in CRU, do you mean ALL of them? Because I have the exact same issue and I copied what you did (I believe you're talking about the drop-down of the monitors, right?) and deleted everything that wasn't actively being used. I restarted, and another copy of my monitor keeps coming back, so it looks like this:cru.png

It seems impossible to stop it from coming back. It simply worked just fine on every driver up until the ones adding anti-lag. 

0 Likes