Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

trerot
Journeyman III

Re: Freesync flicker with CF791 @ ultimate with new driver version

With radeon VII i get flickering in the samme way as wechhe
BFV. mostly in menus but i notice it enough in game to turn it off.
The Witcher 3. Notice it all the time. cant use it.
Division 2. Notice it all the time. Cant use it.
AMD Windmill test tool. as long as freesync is on it is flickering, a lot.

Monitor: Samsung CF791
GPU: AMD radeon VII
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x
MB:Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5, S-AM4
RAM: 4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 3200MHz 

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

The flickering cannot be reduced further on this monitor, unfortunately. Mostly it is limited to (some) game menu screens in my experience as i use it every day for gaming. 

0 Likes
black89
Adept II

I m also having issue with voltage while using  HDMI.My vega64 lc idles at 1.05V and it doesnt go lower with custom watman profiles.Balanced, turbo and power savings profile drops voltage down to 0.9 as it should. Using DP cable  also works for all profiles including custom.so it looks like  problem lies with hdmi and custom profiles. Can you  replicate problem amdmatt‌ ? Try starting a game and restart computer after you set custom profile and gpu voltage will stay at 1.05 idle.

It s too bad that flickering issue is unsolvable

0 Likes
black89
Adept II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ7N4GLoiBA

On the other hand i just dont understand how amd cannot reduce or remove flickering when older drivers clearly didnt have that issue

black89
Adept II

So i just tested with almost ancient drivers 17.8.1 with DP and guess what - there is no flickering and freesync actually works.HDMI flickers but i think they solved that with later drivers.Actually one thing that doesnt work is LFC and it looks like LFC is obvious problem for flickering.So my question or request for you amdmatt‌ (in case you can communicate with driver team) if they can implement option under display tab to enable or disable LFC. Do you think that would be possible? I think with a little help from CRU to adjust freesync range to like 40-100 we can make this monitor almost flickering free again and playing under 40 fps almost doesnt make sense

What do you think guys?

kingfish
MVP

0 Likes
black89
Adept II

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.8.1 Release Notes

• FreeSync brightness or flickering issues have been resolved on a small amount of Samsung FreeSync enabled displays that may have been experiencing issues.

Maybe they messed up something with newer drivers and they just need to look at the problem again.

19.6.2 - no changes

freeart47
Journeyman III

Thank you so much! I have same problem with RX570 and C27F390. After searching a bunch of forums - with that version of driver bright-flickers finally gone as in games so in desktop browser especially when watching youtube. Also with the driver image in games seems much more smoother.

Shame on AMD programmers for make me choose between working freesync and new features like: anti-lag, fixed Chill's fps limiter with rtss'like frametime, compatibility with OverdriveNTool.

It's funny that they fixed things at first, then broke and now mumble "ow you have to buy new monitor, we can't neither reproduce or fix the problem"

Also, noticed that control panel in this driver have fluid 60 fps animations when the latest version including stable 19.5.2 haven't - nice downgrade amd!

With that quality of drivers by AMD my next graphics card definitely will be Nvidia

0 Likes