Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

residentcl
Adept II

FreeSync Changed to Adaptive Sync

Hi.

I have a serious problem with the latest drivers released by AMD since last year,
In the configuration FreeSync no longer appears, now it appears as Adaptive Sync.
An option lock for my RX590 graphics card?

pay 420 dollars for the card + shipping to Chile
and now I will no longer be able to take 100% of the card.

I've been dealing with the same problem for 2 years,
never in my life had so many problems with a company in so long.
The problem is super serious and there are hundreds of cases with the same,
in a single video to upload here with the problem there are more than 1,500 reproductions,
and I see that there are new cases every day,
I hope they take the matter seriously or in the last case they give us back the money or change the video cards for something without problemsamd.jpg

0 Likes
3 Replies

@residentcl wrote:

Hi.

I have a serious problem with the latest drivers released by AMD since last year,
In the configuration FreeSync no longer appears, now it appears as Adaptive Sync.
An option lock for my RX590 graphics card?

pay 420 dollars for the card + shipping to Chile
and now I will no longer be able to take 100% of the card.

I've been dealing with the same problem for 2 years,
never in my life had so many problems with a company in so long.
The problem is super serious and there are hundreds of cases with the same,
in a single video to upload here with the problem there are more than 1,500 reproductions,
and I see that there are new cases every day,
I hope they take the matter seriously or in the last case they give us back the money or change the video cards for something without problemsamd.jpg

My RX580 says the same thing and works exactly like when it was called Freesync. Adaptive sync monitors like I have support both AMD Freesync and Nvidia G-Sink. It's just a name change.

AMD FreeSync™ Technology¹ FAQ

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/free-sync-faq

Screenshot_1.png

0 Likes

Change is bad the same

What assures me that the change did not affect or diminish the capabilities of the card?
in case you want to sell the card in the future.
How do I tell the future purchased when I see the FreeSync option no longer appears in the settings?
I will surely have it that sells cheaper because of the name change.

AMD already suffered a problem some time ago with the driver:
AMD's Graphics Driver will Eat One CPU Core when No Radeon Installed:
https://www.techpowerup.com/274967/psa-amds-graphics-driver-will-eat-one-cpu-core-when-no-radeon-ins...
every day the development is worse, do things in your favor and
do not read the comments of your customers,
AMD is no longer to be trusted, a shame, but it's the truth.

PS: I do not believe this topic, I made a reply to the amdmatt publication, but it came from somewhere.
Super bad the new forum, it will be bad configuration of AMD or Khoros, but it is horrible.

0 Likes

Hey....I thought you had a question....now I see it's a rant. Some people should not own computers. X-box time.

If you are so needlessly worried about a name change....AMD was called ATI before. 

Have a nice day.

0 Likes