cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bigbrotony
Adept I

freesync and gsync monitors for msi rx5600xt gaming mx

hello! i am planning to buy a msi rx5600xt gaming mx. My monitors are asus vg248 (gsync) and aoc 24g2w (freesync). will both monitors be okay to use them if i will get the 5600xt? planning to use it for my dual monitor setup. your answer/help will be great! thank you!

0 Likes
4 Replies
GC85
Adept I

@bigbrotony wrote:

hello! i am planning to buy a msi rx5600xt gaming mx. My monitors are asus vg248 (gsync) and aoc 24g2w (freesync). will both monitors be okay to use them if i will get the 5600xt? planning to use it for my dual monitor setup. your answer/help will be great! thank you!

Remember that GSync is a Nvidia technology and FreeSync is an AMD technology, so you would need the appropriate card for each screen, it's one or the other, not both.

So getting an AMD card you can only use Freesync with the AOC monitor, the other one will be normal, and vice versa.

what do you mean by "normal"? so technically, both monitors will still work right? only that the gsync monitor's features won't be optimized?

0 Likes

That's correct yes. It should still display everything as normal, but you will just not be able to use any of the GSync features.

you are very helpful. thank you very much sir!

0 Likes