cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

riekopo
Adept I

FreeSync 2 flickering w/ Samsung CHG70 & VA panel monitors

I have the 27" version of the Samsung CHG70 series of monitors. There is one other size and that is 32". The model number for mine is: LC27HG70QQNXZA. This is a pretty high end FreeSync 2, 1440p, 144Hz, HDR, curved gaming monitor. 

I believe there is a problem with the AMD GPU drivers that causes extreme amounts of flickering to occur on these monitors. It sometimes gets so bad that I just quit playing games or watching videos. I've never had this problem before. My monitor is using the latest firmware for its size which is m-HG727CCAA-1020.0 There is a newer firmware version 1022.1 available on the Korean Samsung support website but it's not yet available on the American Samsung support website.

Multiple other people on the /r/monitors subreddit on Reddit have also reported this issue. They think it is a common problem with how the AMD GPU drivers interact with Samsung displays that use VA panels. For example here is a quote: "The freesync issue is a common thing among samsung VA panels, it can be fixed with an amd driver update but people arent reporting the issue or raising the voice about it( my c27g1 and mag241c have the same issue)"

Please look into this issue AMD support and engineers. 

0 Replies