cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Thorismo
Adept I

Frame drops kamino Star Wars Battlefront 2 RX 6000 line

A lot of people including me are having an issue with the game Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017). Everything runs perfectly fine, except on the map called Kamino. There are really big frame drops when lightning occurs during the game, it's so bad that it literally made the game unplayable on that map. It doesn't happen with Nvidia GPU's or GPU's from the RX 5000 line. So it's probably a driver related issue. 

I hope someone has a fix for this, but I expect AMD needs to put out a driver update.

My specs: Ryzen 5 5600x, 16 GB 3600 mHz corsair vengeance RGB pro sl ram, Asus TUF Gaming RX 6800, Asus ROG Strix B550 A Gaming mb.

9 Replies
345ifyhalo
Adept I

Hey, i have the same problem with my rx 6950xt. Im using Afterburner and Rivatuner to Display the framerate and frametimes, the framedrops and stuttering is extrem. There is also alot of stuttering on the ships in capital supremacy.

It is a driver problem for sure. AMD had to fix it!

But there are good news for you aswell, you can Roll back to the Drivers from April. They are not having this problem.

Since I installed my GPU in December, I can't roll back to the drivers from april nor can I manually download the drivers from amd.com

0 Likes
Thorismo
Adept I

Oh really, thanks!

I assume the drivers from April 2022?

0 Likes

Exactly, dont know if its still possible to use the 2022 April Driver, Bit you can Check Older drivers by scrolling down the latest drivers for your gpu and you will find the option previous or older drivers or something like this.

0 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, but I tried to find it when you sent the message, but couldn't find it. Thought of this thread again so thought about asking again.

0 Likes
Rob_Champion
Journeyman III

Same problem, what can we do for this

0 Likes
zelgit
Journeyman III

Try DirectX 12 instead of 11 and see if it helps. I suggest trying out Vsync as well (your GPU usage will be much lower without loosing FPS and your GPU should be cooler, i.e. more quiet computer  

0 Likes

This will not work, the Problem are the drivers for sure, i tested it myself. If AMD dont address this problem, the only solution is to roll back to an old driver.

0 Likes

Yes it might be a driver issue also at least when it comes to DirectX 11, but switching to DirectX 12 solved at least the 100% of the stuttering for my 6950 XT

0 Likes