Drivers & Software

computergivesmeanguish
Journeyman III

fps drop down to 15 to 20 for all games suddenly

my system is

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics 3.90 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.34 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

this started about a month ago, I have tried literally everything. uninstalling and reinstalling every type of update old and new for this specific hardware and it hasn't fixed anything. it started while I was in the middle of playing stalker gamma and after every game has run at an incredibly slow framerate except project zooid. I thought maybe it was the new windows 11 update but i don't know anymore. I've looked into everything and I don't know what to do anymore. this pc is barely over a year old. if there is anything else you need to know and I'll answer. I just want to be able to play my games again. I used to even be able to play cyberpunk on high settings. I noticed also when I installed the AMD Adrenaline driver it worked with my games and I thought I found a solution. but once I shutdown my pc and went to bed and woke up it went back to barely running at 20 fps. I'm at my wits end and I'm fairly good with computers, so can someone please help me.

0 Likes
1 Reply
quattN1T
Adept I

Hi

System: Win10  Home 22H2 Ryzen5 5600G 16Gb ram etc

I have been running Grand prix Legends on several win systems, 98se, Xp and now Win 10.

After the first Win10 update, GPL  failed to run. Did a system restore. GPL ran again.

I postponed  updates until Win would not allow it.

Same thing has happened again.

I thought I'd look at the AMD software, as the problem seems to be graphics.

I found the Adrenaline package was incorrect.

I downloaded the AMD search and install tool for my setup, and got the "correct" drivers.

Opened the Adrenaline package, and got onto games. I have two racing games -Grand Prix Legends and Live for Speed. Neither of these shows up when you carry out a search in Adrenaline.

Can't find any old drivers on AMD site

0 Likes