Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

f03h4mm3r
Journeyman III

FPS drop after driver update to 19.12.2

Hello,

I updated my 580RX 8GB from the 19.9.2 to 19.12.2 this morning.

Previously I had been playing Destiny 2 with an average of 200fps running at the standard 1080p with the settings on High.

After updating my drivers the game dropped to 70-80fps during loading screens (previously at 400fps) and during game play would drop down to 7-10fps in active combat at around 30fps when in a area with little to no action taking place.

I attempted to roll back the drivers to the previous state of 19.9.2 using Device Manager, and restarted the machine.

The fps drop was still constant.

Prior to this update, I had the most recent Windows updates installed, and everything worked fine.

I'm running:

Windows 10 Home 64 on 500GB Samsung SSD 840

Intel i5 9400

16GB DDR4 3200

Gigabite Radeon 580 RX 8GB

Games are installed on a Seagate Bara 2TB 7200

Gigabite MOBO Z370 Gaming 5

Home internet is 200mb down and 10mb up.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies
thearel
Journeyman III

Exactly same thing happened to me too, Apex legends is so unplayable right now and I am suspecting this is the problem but I'm not sure since I've loaded fail-safe BIOS settings after the update for completely another reason that şs not related to this matter.

0 Likes
bananqt
Journeyman III

same problem in apex legends. unplayable game with new soft and drivers. i have now older soft and drivers 19.12.1 an everything is fine for me... i think ....  graphic card  5700xt !

0 Likes
ninjamon
Adept I

Same problem here.. in black desert it seems to be not using the discrete GPU after updating to adrenalin 2020 19.12.2-19.12.3

Weird stuff is that when I connect my external monitor and re launch the game the fps is back to normal.

0 Likes
valuwu
Journeyman III

Same here, I almost got the same comp as you but I have 8gb ram instead. I tried using DDU and reinstalling the driver from 0, but it seems like everytime I restart my computer my graphics are reduced again while using 100% of my GPU.

0 Likes